Location - Forth Valley Salary - £18,000
Youmanage are looking for an ambitious graduate to further strengthen our reputable development team. The successful candidate will work with the existing team to develop a comprehensive, fully integrated people management system. They will have strong database programming and be client and customer focussed to add value to our growth. This is a 12 month placement with possibility of extension, based in Stirling.
• Successful migration to a new database structure for existing clients
• Improved self-provisioning for prospective / new clients
• Ensuring consistency of the application across all browsers and mobile devices
• This is an exciting role in a small team, and we are looking for an innovative graduate to contribute to wider development discussions in order to contribute to long-term business growth. Training will be provided for candidates willing and keen to learn
• Working as part of the experienced Development Team you will be responsible for maintaining and developing our leading cloud based VB.NET HR system, while assisting in the migration of our existing client data to a new MS SQL database structure
• You will also be involved in the design and implementation of a new user interface for the application using the latest technologies, e.g. HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery
• Further to this you will assist in the creation, implementation and testing of a new self-provisioning ‘wizard’ with the aim of simplifying the new client experience.
Skills / Experience
Candidates must have good skills in database programming and at least have a solid knowledge and/or understanding of the following
• Strong communication skills
• Good team working skills
• Ability to work proactively and independently
Ideally, the candidate will able to demonstrate some knowledge and/or understanding of the following but these are not essential
• Visual Studio
• SQL Server
• Layout and design skills
Essential: Minimum of Bachelors Degree
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course.
12 months – product development plans are in place to extend the product capabilities beyond the initial 12 month period.