Would you like to work and live in New York?
NOTICE: This job has now expired and will not be accepting any more
What is the Mountbatten Internship Programme?
The Mountbatten Internship Programme is a non profit organisation that administers 12 month paid practical training programmes for articulate, skilled and motivated graduates. For our New York Programme, we recruit principally from British, [and occasionally from European and Australian] colleges and universities. Sponsor Companies in New York take one or more interns as trainees for the full 12 months, beginning in either January, May or September. Sponsors are selected due to the range and diversity of their operations, and their commitment to intercultural exchange and experiential education. Today, there are 270+ Mountbatten interns serving in paid internships with some 100 Sponsor Companies in New York. These companies range from large multinationals [ UBS, Citigroup, American Express] through non profit/non commercial entities right down to small companies including sole proprietorships.
The programme also provides structured educational training that places the interns' experience in context. Through formal evening seminars, the programme organises lectures in US history, politics, culture and business together with sessions on career development . Successful completion of the year leads to the award of the Certificate in International Business Practice; which includes modules in Managing Information and Managing the Market. These two components are accredited by the University of Cambridge in association with Mountbatten Programmes.
- 21-26 years old. Older candidates are welcome, but please check with London office to make sure we fill you in on all that is relevant (accommodation, job nature etc)
- Graduate in any discipline. We do accept applications from those without a graduate degree, but you will need at least 3 A levels, a minimum of 3 years of office work experience and proof of ability to meet the requirements of our rigorous certificate programme (writing skills etc). Again, please call our office to discuss this before you apply.
- Minimum of three months office work experience
- Typing speed of at least 40 wpm
- Literate in the Microsoft Office package, particularly Excel
- Near native fluency in English for International candidates
Click apply now