Trainee Telemetry Engineer
ID Systems Ltd
ID Systems are expanding rapidly and taking on new projects from clients within many industries. Telemetry, the ability to remotely monitor and measure events, is important in industries such as water to enable water management, including water quality and stream gauging functions. Major applications include AMR (automatic meter reading), groundwater monitoring, leak detection in distribution pipelines and equipment surveillance. Having data available in almost real time allows quick reactions to events in the field.
These placements will provide training to enable graduates to work as Telemetry Engineers and then to deploy them within on-going projects within the Water Industry.
In the first instance, duties would include, but not be limited to:
- Design and construction of mimics and alarm lists.
- Writing of software to be loaded into Remote Telemetry Units.
- End to End testing of installed RTU’s to Scottish Water’s proprietorial telemetry systems.
We would anticipate a 6 month training period, which would involve in house training and shadowing of a fully trained technician, and all applicants would be expected to travel throughout Scotland including overnight stays. The split between office work and site work is roughly 50:50.
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from a team within Scottish Enterprise and will have access to training.
Skills and Qualifications
- Graduate with a background in Electronic Engineering (first degree, preferably 2.2 or higher), software engineering or similar.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- IT Literate – competence in use of spreadsheets and technical data drawings.
- Willing to travel and overnight stays away from home.
- Keen to learn about Telemetry and apply their skills to the industry.
- Full clean driving license
IDS are a young, vibrant company providing single sourced solutions within the field of electrical engineering. We have a wide portfolio of clients, including Scottish Water and National Grid and we are currently experiencing rapid growth within our business as clients value our accurate and customer focused approach.
We offer a broad range of services to clients, including telemetry, process control, electrical design and install, mechanical install and electrical/mechanical maintenance.
Our aim is to develop long term relationships with our clients, providing highest quality service and continually improve customer satisfaction.
Location of Placement
ID Systems Ltd, 3 Almond Road, Falkirk, FK2 9HQ
Placement Start Date
16th July 2012
28th June 2012
Duration of Placement
Initial 6 month training, further 6 months project work with view to permanent, ongoing position