We’re looking for talent! Exceptional Computer Science/IT Graduates who want to learn the latest technologies alongside some of the most talented technologists in the world.
As a ThoughtWorks developer you will go on to;
- Create complex, enterprise-transforming business applications across multiple industry domains
- Work as part of diverse, high energy teams focussed on full life-cycle development
- Use the latest tools and techniques (currently J2EE, C#, Ruby on Rails, SOA and Agile methods)
- Travel to work at client sites across the UK and to other ThoughtWorks offices. We’re a global company and can offer you the opportunity work in India, China, the United States, Australia and Canada
- Have a reputation for being among the best technologists in the world
We’ll fly you to our Bangalore office for the ThoughtWorks University. This is a six week intensive training course in OOA/OOD, Agile methodologies and consultancy skills. We’ll work with you to prepare you for a delivery role in our organisation, get you started on building your global network and give you the chance to see some of our projects first hand. After that it’s back to the UK and onto a project working alongside other ThoughtWorkers to put what you’ve learned into action.
We want our graduate intake to be as diverse as possible and recognise that talent comes in many forms. We’re looking for exceptional graduates who can prove that they have the problem-solving, decision-making, passion, integrity and team-working skills required for a career in consultancy.
We recognise that many graduates, especially women, shy away from a career in IT consulting because it’s perceived as a male dominated profession. We’re trying to change that, and were recently recognised by the British Computing Society for our efforts to encourage Women into Technology. We are proud to have created a unique culture and are recognised as one of the best places to work in the UK. ThoughtWorks is as diverse a group as you’ll find anywhere in the industry and we come from a range of backgrounds. One of our project managers used to be in an Australian soap, one of our business analysts can regularly be found flying through the air on the trapeze and one of our recruiters is available for hire as a magician.
We know that our approach is a little unconventional, but we’re looking for people who like to do things differently. You can prove this to us in a number of ways; maybe you took on positions of responsibility at University. Maybe you can impress us with your work experience. Maybe you’ve worked out how trekking around the Andes on a goat makes you the perfect employee. We’re open-minded and prepared to be impressed. We’re looking for the following qualification, skills and experience;
- Degree in Computer Science/IT related degree subject OR a 2.i in any subject followed by an MSc in Computer Science/IT related subject
- Programming prowess. You must be able to demonstrate good knowledge of OO programming concepts through your University study
- Willingness to travel. Initially to Bangalore for the University and then around the UK. Opportunities also exist for international travel
- Exceptional team working and leadership skills
- The ability to solve complex problems
- A track record of decision making and strong organisational skills
- The initiative and innovation gene that’s required for a career in technology consulting
- Unparalleled integrity and emotional maturity
- Exceptional communication skills
We would welcome applicants from mature students or people looking to make a career change.
To apply click apply now