Closing Date - 11 November 2012
Location - Glasgow
Salary - £20,000 p.a
The McGhee Group has an opportunity for a graduate to work closely with the IT manager in supporting a wide range of IT and administrative activities. This is a 12 month placement with a possibility of converting to a permanent role.
The role is required in order to maintain our current tracking, traceability and integrity of data, as well as developing our networking and IT capability in line with the growing needs of the business. Also including development of EDI - our information exchange with customers and suppliers, as well as finance-related data management
- Reporting to the current IT manager, we expect the successful candidate to:
- Help improve the efficiency of current EDI (Electronic Data Interchange) systems with our customers and suppliers.
- Provide back-up support on common Microsoft Office packages.
- Develop a thorough knowledge of the McGhee’s EDI and IT systems, so that maintenance becomes simpler and more automated.
- Develop and implement new EDI links between sites in Glasgow, Kilmarnock, Edinburgh and Dundee.
- Support the current IT Manager with routine tasks and new projects.
Skills / Experience
- Self-starting, able to look at a situation, take the initiative, explore options and make recommendations.
- Knowledge of porting legacy databases onto Windows based platforms.
- It related degree.
Hands-on experience of moving outdated systems onto up to date Windows environments. The opportunity to establish themselves as an invaluable member of an aggressively growing organisation and secure a long-term permanent position.
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to residential Leadership and Business skills training course. You can find more information on our placement training pages.
Preferred Placement Start Date: November 2011
This is a 12 month placement with a possibility of converting to a permanent role.