Food is big business…in fact it is the biggest industry in the UK and ABP is one of the biggest players within the food sector for meat processing. This makes us the preferred supplier to major multiple retailers, including Sainsbury’s and ASDA.
ABP is the leading supplier of beef and lamb products in the UK. Through our fresh and frozen divisions we are a preferred supplier to major retailers and food service companies in the UK.
What is exciting about the ABP Graduate Management Scheme?
We are offering Graduates the opportunity to get stuck into a hands on Graduate scheme. As a company we have a down-to-earth attitude - both in the way we approach a problem and the way we interact with others.
To start with you will receive excellent training to equip you with the business and management skills required for the role. ABP’s training programme will expose Management trainees to many aspects of our business.
So where do you come in?
Graduate Management trainees move through every aspect of our business over a 20 month period. As part of the hands on training, you will be exposed to all elements of the business, this may be project based or working in a team with real responsibility.
- Production - You will spend time in the production environment to understand the core of our business. You will have exposure to all aspects of the process from lairage to the abattoir.
- Sales and Marketing – Sales analysis and market research on consumer tastes and trends and liaising directly with the key clients in retail and food service.
- Finance – Business analysis, evaluating investments, predicting costs, analysing trends, making financial projections, plus accounting and managing day-to-day cash flow.
- Distribution and logistics - Making sure our product reaches the customer at the right time and the lowest cost by managing people, transport and warehousing.
What can ABP give you?
Past intakes now hold many of the most senior posts in the company. This could be you! Our Graduate Scheme has created an excellent platform for promotion opportunities and a fast track for Graduates to move into positions of high responsibility as “home grown” managers. Graduate Managers are also supported to gain relevant professional qualifications.
What you need to demonstrate?
- We are always looking to spot the managers of the future, so we are interested in your potential rather than your experience.
- All we ask is that you are a committed and ambitious individual with excellent communication skills and a desire to learn.
- An interest in our industry is essential; we want our graduates to take a hands on role in the business.
- You must have a current UK driving license.
WE ARE INTERVIEWING APPLICANTS NOW.
TO BE CONSIDERED CLICK 'APPLY NOW' TODAY
Discovery Graduates is our retained Managing Consultancy. All applications will be processed through Discovery.
Discovery Graduates is one of the leading consultancies in Graduate Recruitment. We understand the needs and desires of graduates aspiring to be the UK's top employees. All of our positions will provide you with a good basic salary, the training and support required to enable you to successfully make the first steps on your career path and in many cases bonuses, company cars and additional benefits including private healthcare.