The food industry is the UK’s most dynamic and multi-faceted manufacturing sector with a £73 billion turnover. Do you want to be a part of it?
Our 2007 Graduate Management scheme is an exciting opportunity for bright enthusiastic graduates who can becomes outstanding managers within ABP.
Who is ABP?
ABP is the leading supplier of beef and lamb products in the UK. Through our fresh and frozen divisions we are a preferred supplier to major retailers and food service companies in the UK and since January 2005 ABP are an exclusive supplier of beef to Sainsbury’s. As a company have a down-to-earth attitude - both in the way they approach a problem and the way they interact with other people.
What’s in it for me?
Past intakes now hold many of the most senior posts in the company. This could be you! Our Graduate Scheme has created an excellent platform for promotion opportunities and a fast track for Graduates to move into positions of high responsibility as “home grown” managers. Graduate Managers are also supported to gain relevant professional qualifications.
What will I be doing?
Graduate Management trainees move through every aspect of our business over a 20 month period. At the end we will agree your final career path whether it be in marketing; sales; plant management; distribution; food safety or even in organising our 8000 farmer supply base.
The areas you will be involved in will include:
- Production - You will spend at least 1 year in the production environment
- Technical/research and development - analysing and compiling nutritional tables making sure food production legislation issues are met and identifying areas for new product development.
- Sales and Marketing – Sales analysis and market research on consumer tastes and trends and liaising directly with the key clients in retail and food service.
- Finance – Business analysis, evaluating investments, predicting costs, analysing trends, making financial projections, plus accounting and managing day-to-day cash flow.
- Engineering - working closely with food development departments on new products and consider how new products can be produced technologically.
- Distribution and logistics - Making sure our product reaches the customer at the right time and the lowest cost by managing people, transport and warehousing.
To be a successful applicant you will need to have the right attitude, this includes a passion for meat! We also need forward thinking Graduates who want to make an impact. You are also required to hold a full driving license and Location flexibility is essential
So, if you think you have what it takes to make things happen, with a desire to work in a leading company in the food industry then we want to hear from you. Visit www.abpltd.com or call the Graduate Resource Team on 0121 212 3111