Thames Water Graduate Development Programme
NOTICE: This job has now expired and will not be accepting any more
Graduate Development Programme
What career paths are available?
Engineering and Operations
The role of the Engineering Team can be summarised as engineering design, construction management and commissioning of major water and wastewater projects both in the UK and overseas.
While we will always need technical specialists, we also need people with generalist business skills such as project management, analytical ability and presentation skills. Each year we recruit a number of graduates as Business Generalists to join our Operations Commercial and Customer team.
The diversity and scale of our operations ensures that there are a wide variety of influential roles that Finance professionals can take. Finance professionals work in partnership with colleagues in all areas of our business across the world.
We will shortly be recruiting for Information Services team which operates across Thames Water and npower. Details of this scheme will soon be released on our website.
The GDP can be summarised as:
* A two year training and development programme (three years for Finance)
* For graduates who are either fresh from university or who have limited work experience
* Breadth of experience and knowledge provided through regular placement changes/involvement in new projects
* Support provided by a Buddy, Facilitator, Placement Co-ordinator
* Relevant on-the-job training (e.g. health and safety, process awareness)
* Support for relevant professional qualifications/achieving Accredited Chartered Status
* Exposure to senior managers and direct sponsorship from Directors in terms of a six-month Strategic Project for all Graduate Trainees.
Take the plunge
If this sounds like your sort of development programme and you want to work for a company where you can really make a difference to the quality of people\'s lives, take the plunge and apply today.
We are looking for successful individuals who have achieved (or will be expecting) a 2:1 degree, the willingness to be geographically mobile throughout the UK and an adaptable attitude.
Applicants must also hold a full driving licence (by September 2005).
For further information, to obtain an application form or to apply on-line