Technology/Business Consultant: £25k + bonus + benefits
NOTICE: This job has now expired and will not be accepting any more
Looking for the best way into a career as an IT/business consultant?
Detica is a business and IT consulting firm that specialises in the delivery of intelligence solutions. We help large commercial and government organisations turn complex data and information into relevant and useful intelligence.
We recruit over 100 Graduates throughout the year. Our key markets include Business Intelligence, National Security, CRM,
Fraud & Security and Risk Compliance Management.
We offer our graduates the opportunity to work on live projects very soon after joining, giving the chance to learn quickly about our clients’ business. You’ll also work on a wide range of projects, often across different business units, giving you the chance to develop your career in the area you choose – this could be Business or IT Consultancy, Data Analytics, Account Management, Operations Management etc
You’ll work on leading edge technology in a team based environment, developing high level complex IT and business solutions, very often on client site. Graduate opportunities exist within all our Business Units – covering both private and public sector.
Training and development is central to our ethos. After your 2 week induction course, when you get the chance to meet a group of Graduate starters, you’ll be assigned to a live project, making a real contribution to us and the client straight away. You’ll be assigned a Career Counsellor, who will personally support your future career development, which is dependent on your personal ambitions and performance. You could specialise later in Business or Technology Consulting, Data Analytics, Account Management, Project or Operations Management.
- Contribute to all phases of the development cycle, very often on client site.
- Respond to client requests, anticipating and meeting client problems and needs using innovative approaches when applicable.
- Deliver high quality work to meet clients’ expectations and project deadlines.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and assist team members with their objectives.
- Contribute to improve software development approaches and quality of deliverables.
- Generous pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Life assurance
- Private healthcare
- Permanent health insurance
- 25 days holiday
- Interest free loan (up to £2,000)
- Active sports and social clubs
- 2.i or above in a numerate degree (e.g. Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Maths, Physics, Economics etc).
- 320 UCAS points or above.
- Experience of the development lifecycle, preferably including Java, C++ or C#.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills.
- Analytical approach and a desire passion for problem solving.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Commercial awareness.
- Ability to work with a wide range of people – both from technical and business backgrounds.
Click Apply Now, and be sure to attach your CV and covering letter.
Detica is not able to sponsor applicants who require a work permit to work in the UK.
Any Location, London (inner and outer), South East England, South West England