TANDBERG is a leading global provider of telepresence, high-definition videoconferencing and mobile video products and services. Its mission is to change the way people communicate, with products that bring people together without the need to get into a car or take to the skies. TANDBERG support innovative ideas such as telemedicine and remote learning, and help companies reduce their carbon footprint.
TANDBERG has a Global R&D organisation, with two groups in the UK, developing the leading and cutting edge Video Conferencing HD architecture utilising true parallel processing super computer processing power. With dual headquarters in New York and Norway, the company provides sales, support and value-added services in more than 90 countries worldwide.
In Langley we develop High Definition Multipoint Conferencing Units (MCUs) for bridging multiple video calls into one conference. The TANDBERG Codian 4500 is unarguably the most powerful video conferencing bridge available in the world.
In Reading the team develops the TANDBERG Video Communication Server (VCS). This translates between different video call protocols, allowing the current generation of video phones to communicate to the latest products. It also provides a centralised address book to organise video calling and provides firewall traversal to extend these functions across the public Internet.
TANDBERG has always placed considerable emphasis on finding the very best graduates, believing that lack of commercial experience is no barrier to entering professional life and developing a successful career, as graduates who join TANDBERG rapidly become highly valuable members of the R&D team.
Support Resources Engineer, Tandberg Codian Products R&D
The 3rd Line Product Support Engineering team is the customer-facing side of the R&D organisation, working alongside the hardware and software development engineers. They are recognised as the best in the industry. An important responsibility of the team is the proactive creation and maintenance of support resources – in particular the Knowledgebase, troubleshooting and interop resources provided on: http://www.tandberg.com/support/. These resources give customers the tools they need to get the most out of their TANDBERG equipment.
The graduates we seek
UK educated candidates should achieve a 2:1 or 1st class honours degree in Computer Science, Electronic and Electrical Engineering, Science or Maths, from one of the UK’s top universities. This must be supported by a minimum of AAB at A Level. You will also need to be passionate about technology and possess proven programming skills, gained either during you degree or as a hobbyist interest.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
· Improve and further develop both the content and structure of these web-based tools. This would require good written English skills (not quite to the level of a technical author, but the ability to write text that will clearly explain new concepts to resellers/end users who are not technical experts) and HTML / web scripting skills
· Conduct and document the results of interop testing between Tandberg products and those of other vendors – this will require getting a working knowledge of videoconferencing equipment – MCUs, endpoints etc
· Maintain the back-end systems that we use to manage our support workload – this will require database and scripting skills.
What we offer:
· Graduate starting salary of £32k
· Permanent Health Scheme providing long term disability cover
· Private Healthcare
· Death in Service Insurance which currently provides life insurance cover equivalent to 4 times basic salary
· Up to 8% employer contribution to a Stakeholder Pension Scheme
· 25 days holiday per year
· Bursary for under-graduates in their final year at University
Salary/progress review – graduates will have two reviews in the first year; one at six months, one at twelve months. Experienced recruits will be reviewed twelve months after commencement of employment. Going forward all applicants are reviewed on the anniversary of their starting date.
Where are our UK offices?
Go to any web based map and enter SL3 6EZ for our Langley office and RG10 9XQ for Reading.