Camp America is offering fantastic placement opportunities this summer instructing a wide range of sports, waterfront, Science and technology, Crafts, Fine Arts, Visual Arts, Pioneering, Nature, Performing Arts, and Music Activities! You do not need to be an Olympic athlete of even a certified teacher we just ask that you have a solid knowledge of your skill, have some experience working with groups of children and be confident enough to teach or assist in teaching.
Applications close for the summer 2006 season on April 30th so get your application in now!
Take at our website www.campamerica.co.uk
If you would like to request more information go to:
ROLES AT CAMP
Special Skills Counsellor-We are constantly looking for people with recognized sporting qualifications and extensive experience – make sure you detail all these on your application as it’ll be easier to place you and you could earn more money!Activity Leader
Activity Leader-Have you experience in sport or the arts? Can you lead a group of children in an activity and help plan the sessions? Working as an activity leader you’ll work with campers on a designated activity and help them develop their skills. If you want to gain a sporting qualification to help your application, visit our website for more information
Camp Counsellor-You’ll need enormous energy and enthusiasm, as it’s a demanding role. The children will rely on you to guide them through a wide range of activities and you must have the charisma to work with a group as well as the sensitivity to listen to the individual. You’ll be with the children for 24 hours a day and they will expect you to be a role model, teacher, mediator, comedian and friend.
Special Needs Counsellor-Whilst experience certainly helps, a willingness to get involved really counts with this role. You’ll work with smaller groups of children and often adults. It’s a role, which can be extremely demanding.
Christian Camp Counsellor-If you are a practicing Christian who would enjoy sharing your faith with others then this option is for you! Combining the elements of a general counsellor with the philosophies of a Christian Camp you’ll assist campers in Bible studies and take part in services.
Campower-If you’d prefer to work behind the scenes, you can join the Campower programme. This role involves working in the kitchens, stables, an office environment, in the laundry or working outdoors to keep the envoirnment fresh.
Why choose Camp America?-With Camp America, you will receive all the support you need to ensure you’re set for the adventure of a lifetime!Along with a life-changing summer adventure in the US you will also receive:
- A free return flight to NYC from London
- A 9-week work placement with meals & accommodation
- Pocket money for your 9-week assignment (and more if you work longer!)
- Medical insurance that covers you for both your time at camp and after-camp travel in the US
- The opportunity to enhance your CV by developing leadership, teamwork and organisational skills
- Visa sponsorship and assistance by a US Government designated sponsor
- Support and advice throughout your application process
- A pre-departure orientation covering what to expect from your summer and information about after-camp travel
- A 24-hour emergency helpline available throughout your stay in the US
- A welcome pack on your arrival in the US including eligibility for excellent E-Kit phone card rates and free minutes
An unforgettable way to spend your summer!
Fantastic Pocket Money Rates!
When you complete your contract you will receive a sum of pocket money depending on your age and position. The following table indicates the basic rates.
Specialist Skills Counselor
Special Needs Counselor
Pocket money for each week worked in addition to the 9 weeks
US$700 - $1000
US$600 - $925
US$500 - $700
US$925 - $1000
US$800 - $1200