Speyfruit Ltd in Elgin offers a 12 month placement for a recent graduate with an understanding for digital marketing and social media who will conduct market research into UK and European markets, widen the UK customer base and improve the brand presence.
Speyfruit Ltd in Elgin is recruiting a recent graduate for a 12 month placement who will assist with market research (mainly online) into UK regional and international markets and assimilate research results. This will support their potential for further growth in the UK and in Europe. The graduate will bring new skills to the company, particularly around marketing/digital marketing and gathering marketing intelligence.
In the immediate-short term the company will proactively seek out new UK target customers primarily in the food processing and foodservice sectors for its pre-prepared chilled vegetable products starting with the Highlands and moving out across Scotland, England. For international business, Speyfruit intends to take a carefully planned approach to each export market. It will initially target Germany and at a later stage France, Benelux and Nordic area.
The Speyfruit website will be an increasingly important support tool for both UK and international marketing and sales activity. The graduate will be responsible for developing the website and company presence on social media as well as facilitating e-marketing activity alongside other improved marketing tools and resources.
The graduate will work towards the three main objectives of the company:
Widen customer base in UK:
- Assisting with market research (mainly online) into UK regional markets and assimilating research results
- Building and maintaining segmented customer database and undertaking e-marketing activity
- Assisting with business development and lead generation work (including by phone)
Understand and be in position to implement company’s market entry strategy for Europe:
- Managing and maintaining Speyfruit’s B2B social media presence/marketing in both UK and international markets
- Monitoring and interpreting web analytics and tracking Speyfruit’s online profile internationally
- Competitor monitoring
- Identifying and capitalising on PR opportunities for trade (and consumer if retail products are developed)
- Supporting Speyfruit’s future exhibition activity if required (preparation and on stand including interpretation where appropriate)
- Assisting with setting up meetings e.g. in Germany if required
Improve brand presence in UK and Europe:
- Helping to develop an appropriate brand profile
- Analysing competitor websites to assess what works well and what doesn’t
- Reviewing how others have developed branded vegetable products
Skills / Experience
- Excellent and confident communicator (written and verbal on phone and in person)
- Good research skills
- Understanding and aptitude for digital marketing/internet/e-marketing techniques and social media
- Familiarity with MS Office especially Excel
- Relevant marketing experience
- Experience of working in or have understanding of food and drink environment
- Proactive, enthusiastic and self motivating
- Well presented
- Experience of working as part of a team and on own initiative
- Fluency in at least one European language other than English
- Driving licence
- Experience in customer service or sales role
- Knowledge of branding and brand identity
- Undergraduate or postgraduate degree in any discipline
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support and also access training focussed on employability and business skills, including a residential course.
Specific Location: Elgin
Preferred Placement Start Date: October 2012
Duration: 12 months
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.