Software Tester / Software Developer / Software Engineer
York, North Yorkshire
Our client is the market leader in Employee Management and Security Solutions. Their customer portfolio contains some of the best-known Blue Chip companies in the UK. The following new vacancy has arisen at their main offices in York:
They require a Software Tester to be responsible for the quality of the company’s Employee Management software in development and on general release. The position involves working closely with appropriate members of the QA team to test and verify new features of their Employee Management packages.
This candidate will be responsible for the following:
· To write/revise test plans and execute test cycles.
· To review new or modified development products, including documentation, to determine if the product will perform according to user requirements and recommend improvements or corrections to programmers.
· Ensure technical documentation gets to the Technical Author and instruct him/her how to proceed when a documentation requirement exists.
· To monitor program performance after release to prevent reoccurrence of program operating problems and ensure efficiency of operation.
· Ensure any wishes/faults, which are logged, can be replicated. This may require communication with the stakeholders of the project.
The successful candidate will have some experience of software development and testing and will be educated to degree level or equivalent in computer science or a similar subject. It would be advantageous for you to be ISEB trained but this is not essential.