You name it, we’ve probably had a hand in it. We register 33 innovations around the world every day, and have been pioneering innovation in the UK for over 160 years.
Siemens Traffic Controls (STCL) is the UK’s leading company in the traffic signals business. We design, manufacture, market, install and service a full range of products – from single junction traffic lights through to sophisticated software systems for whole urban areas.
Business Graduate – Operations Management
We are currently looking for graduates to join the business in an Operations Management role, based in central operations in Poole.
Working within the central operations function of the business, your role will involve a combination of project work and day to day responsibilities in three 8 month placements in the following departments –
- Purchasing and Business Assurance - both departments provide a service to the manufacturing operation as well as the rest of the business.
- Manufacturing - employs approximately 100 staff assembling traffic related and other electronic products for STC and other businesses.
The role demands the ability to communicate and influence effectively both verbally and in writing at all levels, establishing effective working relationships with colleagues, suppliers and customers.
Training & Development
As well as on-the-job training, you will be part of the wider graduate programme at Siemens, where you will participate in a 2 year graduate development programme focusing on your personal skills.
- You will need to be capable of setting yourself and others stretching objectives and planning and managing your time effectively to meet those objectives.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team is also crucial to this role. The development of a good team spirit with a flexible approach is required, together with the ability to work within the guidelines of the business.
- Finally, an understanding of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, is essential.
This role provides excellent opportunities to gain exposure to the whole organisation which will be critical to your future success.
We are looking for graduates with a minimum 2:1 or above in an Operations Management/Business Management or Engineering related degrees.
The closing date for all applications is Friday 30th June.