Location - Lanarkshire Salary - £20,000 p.a
She Software is offering a great opportunity to a graduate to deliver customer support to existing & potiential clients whilst also dealing with technical and support issues, including online/onsite support, training and system management. This can either be in the company office in East Kilbride or in clients' sites.
Reporting to the Product & Customer Services Manager, you will provide technical support for SHE Softwares' own range of health and safety management systems. This will be via the phone, email or online, support is available from 0830-1700 Monday-Friday.
The following is a list of activites you will be involved in, developing your skills in your chosen key areas.
· Server & PC Setup & Maintenance/Support
· CRM & SharePoint Setup & Maintenance/Support
· Hosted Server Account Management, Setup & Maintenance
· Security - Account Management - Desktop/Server/Email/Certificate Management
· Domain Name Account Management
· Online Meeting/Support Account Management
· Helpdesk Customer Support (Email/Telephone/Onsite)
· Manage CRM Customer Support Cases and related information
· Setup/Configuration of Customer Systems
· Onsite/Online Sales Support
· Time estimates for services (data conversions, configuration services)
· Ad hob Sales/Customer Support
· Attend User Groups
· Develop Online/Offline Product Training/User Manual Documentation
· Develop Customer DMS/Portal
· Knowledge Base Articles for DMS/Portal
· Gather User Documentation
· Document User Documentation
· Convert Technical Documentation to User Documentation (Product Releases)
· Quality Control Documentation
· Deliver Onsite Training
· Deliver Online Training
· Reports Development (SSRS 2008 R2)
· Product Testing / QC
Skills / Experience
· Excellent customer service and telephony skills
· Positive and professional manner
· Excellent communication skills
· Confident to deal with variety of situations
· Problem solving skills
· Accuracy / attention to detail
· Proactive, organised and able to prioritise tasks
· Ability to quickly gain knowledge and understanding
· Meeting targets and accuracy, quality, volume and to agreed service level agreements
· IT Experience is advantageous.
· Any IT degree or related is essential. Focus in software is ideal.
· Holding or working towards formal technical qualifications (MCP/MCDST/MCSE or similar)
Opportunity for career advancement in areas of interest.
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.