Graduate Software Developer Network Development – C#, .NET
RM is the UK’s leading provider of software systems and services to UK education, from primary schools to colleges and universities.
We work at the leading edge of new ICT (information communications technology), setting the very highest standards at all times.
The company employs 1,800 people. Our relaxed, professional culture means that graduates from all over the country have chosen to build their careers here.
Network Development develops a wide range of infrastructure and application software for the educational ICT market.
Community Connect 3 (CC3) is a client server network developed for Primary schools, Secondary schools and further education. The network has industry standard Microsoft software at its core. On top of this, RM has developed software to make management of the network, and use by students easier in education establishments. For example software has been developed to make management of user accounts a lot simpler.
Under the guidance of a team leader or technical mentor, you will cover the full development lifecycle and be involved in:
- Working with customers, marketing, support and installations to understand their requirements and ensure these are catered for in proposed solutions.
- Agreeing software designs to meet specified requirements.
- Developing software components that form part of the overall network solution.
- Coding and testing.
- Developing a good understanding of the products and tools in use and working with others in the team to make ongoing improvements to products and processes.
Why is this a great opportunity?
You will have opportunity to build relationships with Technical staff within RM and external customers such as School Teachers, Network Managers and occasionally 3rd party suppliers such as Microsoft. From day one, you will make a real contribution to the team and be assigned to an active development project. You will be making low level design and implementation decisions, which will make a difference to the success of the product. Through project work and training, you will be constantly working towards improving and building on your technical expertise.
Training & Development
We work with the latest technologies and need engineers to keep their technical skills up to date. We have strong links with Microsoft and work with them on Beta programmes and in designing ground breaking software systems.
We also offer an excellent range of courses designed to improve general skills such as project management and leadership ability.
You could progress from this role to senior engineering positions, technical project leadership, project manager or team leadership. We will work with you to identify and actively move you towards your goals.
Qualifications & Experience
A 2:1 or first class honours degree in a Software Engineering or Computer Science related subject.
240 UCAS tariff points or equivalent.
In addition you will have:
- A tenacious and imaginative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Good planning and organisational ability.
Preferred experience will include:
- Practical computer systems experience such as assisting the set up, or administration of a network.
- Experience of C# programming language (although cross-training from C++ of Java would be provided).