Location - Ayrshire
Salary - 14,000
Starting Salary with review after 6 months and potential to increase substantially
Prontoport Ltd, a fast growing and successful service contractor for the renewables and general power industry, have an excellent career opportunity for a graduate in a new role, to manage effective risk management and Health and Safety systems in place in order to win bids. This is a 12 month placement with view to permanent hire, based in Irvine.
The core aims of the project are:
- Bid pipeline authorship
- Development of Risk management systems
- Maintaining and developing IMS 9001, 14001, 18001
- Project Management
- Writing procedural documents
The successful candidate will initially have responsibilities of a general administrative nature supporting the head of service, with tendering opportunities, bid pipeline moving on to assisting the development of our service department in business growth, risk management HSE improvements and implementation.
Working with a small, experienced team, extensive training will be provided on the Official Journal of European Union (OJEU) procurement process, bid returns and contract pipeline management. Long-term the successful candidate will project manage the bids, service and maintenance works internationally. They will also have the opportunity to work towards IMS auditor accreditation, supported by the company.
The successful candidate will use proven and established modelling to profile, capture and effect risk management both in the field and in planning for the bid process. Key tasks will include:
- Involved in completion of tendering opportunities, bid process
- Maintaining and implementing procedures in IMS 9001, 14001, 18001
- General operational health and safety for all of our operations, office work, travel, H&S training
- Lead initiatives to achieve a goal of zero harm
- Become central point of knowledge for H&S within the company
- Proactively advise management on all H&S matters including compliance with legislation and industry best practice
- Development of our H&S management system and H&S manual (processes, procedures and practices)
- Promoting and developing a strong safety culture oriented towards continuous improvement
- Carry out internal audits and represent the company for external audits
- Additional tasks will be assigned by Management team
Skills / Experience
- Understanding of business processes and commercial awareness
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven communicative skills
- A flexible and robust approach to work
- Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
- Excellent team working skills
- Understanding or knowledge of process compliance
- Driver’s license
- HSE qualifications
- Energy generation awareness (this can be the political landscape as much as a practical overview of the UK status quo)
- Graduate from any relevant discipline, e.g. Business, Engineering, HR
Travel and career progression is a given after year one, as is a personal and on-going training and development packages linked via achievement to remuneration. The candidate will have an appetite for on-going personal development in the areas of environmental, risk & performance management – wholly support by the employer.
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course.
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.
12 months, with possibility of converting to a permanent role.