Location - Highlands and Islands, Caithness and Sutherland
Salary - £17,000 per annum
Reids of Caithness, a family business in Thurso produce high quality bakery products including own label products for JME – the brand name for the company owned by world renowned chef Jamie Oliver. They are now recruiting for a recent graduate who will improve the financial running of the business and manage the business accounts. This 12 month placement will also involve producing records of all tasks and processes relating to administration, finance and production departments.
Reids of Caithness, a family run bakery in Thurso produce high quality products and also work for JME – the brand name for the company owned by world renowned chef Jamie Oliver. They are now recruiting for a recent graduate who will improve the financial running of the business and assist the Managing Director on the management and best practice of the accounts during a 12 month project. Financial control and credit control will need to be established and this information updated on a daily basis to improve effectiveness of the business accounts.
The graduate will also produce documentation and staff training regarding the financial tasks.
In addition the graduate will address the current business need to establish records of all tasks and processes relating to administration, finance and production departments.
The graduate will work on the following tasks:
- Provide Management and Financial Accounting Reports and Commentary to RoC Management; (Producing and Analysing Management Accounts e.g. Profit & Loss, Trial Balance Sheet etc)
- Develop and implement best practice for the accounts
- Assist with the training of administration and financial tasks within the department, this includes
- Development and delivery of staff training on all necessary accounts procedures to admin and management staff in the business
- Creation of Working Instructions and Procedures for the Accounts Officer Role, in electronic and hardcopy formats
- Produce and assist with creating working instructions for tasks carried out within the administration, finance and production departments.
Manage day to day accounting tasks, including:
- Manage and Reconcile RoC Accounts,
- Manage Debtors Balance (Credit Control)
- Manage Creditors Balance (Payable Accounting)
- Manage Purchase and Sales Ledger
- Manage All Banking Transactions
- Provide Cash flow Analysis
- Prepare and Submit VAT Returns for RoC ensuring compliance and maintaining records as required by HMRC
- Manage Cost Accounting and Control Production Costs
- Understand and Interpret Complex Financial Risk Issues
This position is part funded by Highlands and Islands Enterprise and the European Regional Development Fund.
Skills / Experience
- Knowledge of bookkeeping and basic principles of accounting
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Strong IT skills (Excel)
- Previous internship or other training programme
- Experience in use of SAGE
- Team working skills
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work independently and on own initiative
- Experience in Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Wide range of knowledge of economics (marketing, management etc)
- Experience of SMEs
- Accounting, Economics, Finance or Business Degree
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme in the Highlands and Islands, the candidate will benefit from support from a team within Highlands and Islands Enterprise and also access training focussed on employability and business skills, including a five day residential course.
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.
Duration: 12 months