Romford Food Group sells quality beef and lamb to the highest standards and the tightest specifications. We are family run, in conjunction with a highly experienced and motivated management team with wide knowledge in all aspects of the meat industry.
Staff therefore enjoy a supportive and high-spirited environment, along with a generous pension that they may take with them anywhere.
It is this atmosphere that has allowed Romford Food Group to grow substantially since its beginnings in 1967, and now each abattoir bones around 1,800 beef or lamb quarters a day.
We have received industry awards for our commitment to sourcing livestock from assured farms, and rigorously testing products both visually and microbiologically. We even secured a Highly Commended Award from the RSPCA for our work in animal welfare.
Our product is tested with routine microbiological analysis for TVC, coliforms and E Coli. Effluent and seriological testing is also carried out. The laboratory has achieved CLAS accreditation.
We are now seeking technically-minded graduates with a science, technology, food or IT background to join our Quality Assurance department.
Opportunities for career progression are extensive due to the Group's rapid expansion. In addition, you gain a stakeholder pension after just three months followed by a full company pension after a year's service.
You will be required to work in our friendly environment from 7am until 5pm Monday to Friday, with occasional overtime available in the evenings or at the weekends. Your duties will include:
- assisting in day-to-day running of the QA department
- online quality control cover
- monitoring of returns
- liasing with customers and dealing with complaints
- auditing (internal & external)
- compiling daily record checksheets
- assisting with hygiene crews
- ensuring traceability
- maintaining lairage welfare
- systems/document control
- liasing with Technical/ QA Manager on daily basis
- updating/amending manuals with the Technical/QA Manager
- calibration control – balance/equipment
- covering for Technical/QA Manager in his/her absence
If you would like to know more, please contact Jane Power on 01458 254 513.
Click the Apply Now button below to submit your CV and covering letter.