Leeds, West Yorkshire
Reporting to Portfolio Strategy Manager.
Department: Purchasing & Operations.
Our client has a vacancy for a graduate analyst with experience to work across all areas of their team both helping to carry out existing analytical processes and developing new / improved systems and techniques. The candidate will need to have very good numerical skills and an aptitude for working with IT as well as the ability to interact with people across our business.
Typical activities will include:
· Operation and development of analytical models to assist in strategy decisions with regard to the purchase and sale of gas and electricity.
· Assisting in the development and analysis of the Commercial Strategy.
· Development of management information reporting, building and running ad hoc reports and delivering specific analytical projects.
· Assistance in developing and maintaining relationships with other parts of the Group (e.g. sales, marketing, trading teams etc).
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate the following:
· Excellent numeracy and IT skills, must be fluent in common MS packages
· An inquisitive, analytical mind with good problem solving skills
· A self-starter with drive and initiative
· Active team player with strong communication skills
· A good degree in a numerate discipline is essential
Previous gas / electricity purchasing and / or pricing experience would be advantageous but is not a must.