Earn a wage in exciting locations
Are you keen to earn a wage while experiencing life in a very different country? Oyster can arrange this in three very different places: the action-packed ski resorts of Canada, downtown Sydney or the remote Australian outback.
You’ll be expected to work hard, but in return you’ll be getting paid and having the trip of a lifetime.
Paid work in Canada’s ski resorts
In Canada you can choose from three great options:
- hotel and restaurant work in the Rockies area
- hotel and restaurant work in Tremblant, Quebec - with the opportunity to improve your French (Iessons included);
- childcare work in the Whistler resort crèche including teaching basic skiing.
You’ll travel out as a group, with job and accommodation all arranged in advance. Placements last for 6 months.
Paid work in Australia
With Australia we can’t arrange work in advance but will prepare you, meet you, train you up and help you find work once you’re there. You can choose between:
- Work in Sydney (office, retail, catering and more)
- Farm work in the Outback – with excellent farm skills course at the outset
In each case you’ll be met at the airport, taken to pre-booked accommodation, helped with paper work, trained in key skills and helped to find a job.
You can start any week of the year and earn a wage there for up to 12 months.
Oyster’s fee covers the administration, meeting and job-finding service as well as the training courses. Details of our prices can be found on our website (£795 - £2500 depending on the destination). If you don’t overspend you should be able to earn enough to cover this and fund some extra travel afterwards!
What’s special about Oyster?
We’re a small and friendly company offering a very personal service with:
- First class support for participants
- Placements that have welcomed Oyster participants for years
- Advice and preparation before departure
- Small groups sent together to placements
- Experienced overseas staff, most with us since 2000
- Dedicated UK destination managers for each group
How can I find out more?
For further details click on ‘apply now’ to be taken to the Oyster website. The site is packed full of information about the projects and destinations that you can go to. Feel free to contact us via the website with any questions. You can apply by filling out our application form. Once we receive your form, one of our destination managers will be in touch by phone.