Graduate Apprentices for Global Leader
Otis is the global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, modernisation and servicing of lifts and escalators products. We operate at the leading edge of technology and pride ourselves on our engineering expertise and award winning safety standards. Our founder, Elisha Graves Otis, introduced the world’s first safety lift developing the shape of our modern cities.
We share our strengths
Otis is part of United Technologies Corporation, a Fortune 500 company and world leader in the building systems and aerospace industries. Sharing strengths with UTC allows Otis to draw on remarkable resources in engineering, product testing, purchasing, marketing and information systems. Otis brings all these strengths to bear in creating better solutions for its customers and opportunities for its employees.
Otis now seeks two highly motivated, customer focused and enthusiastic graduate “apprentices” to join its dynamic team in a midlands based location.
Key criteria for these opportunities:
- 2:1 Honours degree in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering
- Well-developed IT skills including CAD Applications
- Proven organisational capabilities
- Customer focus and the ability to negotiate
- Excellent team working & communication skills
- Project management skills
- Design ability
- Adaptability and the skill to balance team and customer expectations
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Drive and ambition to succeed in all situations
- Knowledge of Health & Safety at Work Act
- Problem solving Ability
- Good quality awareness
- Knowledge of drives & machines
Knowledge criteria for Electrical Engineer:
Knowledge criteria for Mechanical Engineer:
Successful applicants will be involved in a wide variety of challenging projects, supporting a variety of key business activities across the organisation.
Whilst enabling the successful candidates to learn about our fast moving, customer focused business, initial projects will focus on driving the business forward and on employee development, these experiences will provide an excellent basis to be able to move onto the next level of your career at Otis.
Together with the exciting development opportunities, we offer the competitive remuneration & benefits package you would expect from a leading organisation.
Interested? Click Apply now!
PLEASE NOTE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS YOU HAVE A VALID WORK PERMIT, A STUDENT VISA WILL NOT SUFFICE