Location - Forth Valley
Salary - £18,000
Symbiosis is looking for a marketing graduate to spearhead the development and optimisation of an Inbound marketing strategy that will fit within the overall marketing strategy.
Symbiosis is a Scottish sterile fill/finish company specialising in the small-scale manufacture of sterile drug products for clinical trials. The inbound marketing strategy which the graduate will champion will utilise the world wide web, including social networking, as well as blogs.
This project will focus on:
· Development and implementation of technical infrastructure to support an Inbound marketing strategy
· Implementation of Inbound marketing and measurement of the effectiveness of this through the number of enquiries through company website.
· It is expected that this will raise awareness of the company with target clients whilst also driving potential new clients to the company’s website, keeping them there and encouraging repeat visits to the site
· Planned Outputs & Outcomes
The project will aid:
· Better promotion of Symbiosis’ services, delivery of most cost effective business development activities and developing the Symbiosis brand.
· Increase in the number of client enquiries through a more targeted marketing strategy.
· Increase in number of visitors/traffic to company website.
· Increase in number of signed projects related with an increasing awareness of Symbiosis and Symbiosis brand
· Increase in revenues and growth of Symbiosis internationally.
· More efficient use of business development resource through marketing efforts to identify and prioritise key markets and clients for core service offering.
· Expand the Business Development team through additional recruitment.
· Increase in brand recognition and brand engagement
· Improved customer feedback
Stage 1. Development of Inbound marketing strategy
Working closely with Symbiosis’ Business Development Director, external web development partners and Scottish Enterprise, the marketing graduate will manage the infrastructure implementation in a way that fits with the overall company marketing strategy.
The key elements of this infrastructure include:
· Manage the Design & Install ProBlog Add-on with Symbiosis’ Design company Setup, Design & Integration of ProBlog into Symbiosis website Website Navigation edit and update
· Manage the design and set-up of the Social Media Integration with Symbiosis’ Design company. Provision of content for these various social media sites.
· Twitter Account Setup, Design, Branding & Integration LinkedIn Integration and company profile set-up with optimization
· Website Design & Edit to include Twitter/LinkedIn feeds
· Manage the Design and implementation of electronic marketing tools suitable for use in targeted marketing campaigns with Symbiosis’ Design company. Provision of content for these marketing tools Newsletter templates,Emailer templates
Stage 2. Effectiveness of Inbound marketing function
Once the technical infrastructure has been developed and integrated into the Symbiosis website, the next stage will be to test that system and the effectiveness of the Inbound marketing.
Symbiosis has a clear understanding of the potential client opportunities within biotechnology companies across each territory in Europe. With that information and using the developed Inbound Marketing infrastructure the graduate will use the system to generate new leads for Symbiosis’ core service areas. The key measurable for the project will be the number of enquiries generated though the Symbiosis website and the other social networking sites set up for Symbiosis. As enquiries drive the sales pipeline the final outcome will be an increase in international sales.
Skills / Experience
· Knowledge/ Experience of social networking with regards to profile design, blogging and connectivity between sites such as Twitter, Linked-In and company websites
· Online/ Digital Marketing knowledge, especially from the perspective of social networking
· Client handling
· Degree in marketing with focus on digital marketing
· Knowledge/awareness of life sciences industry
· Direct experience of the biotechnology sector within a young and rapidly growing service company.
· Hands-on commercial website design and optimisation.
· Opportunity to create a new technical infrastructure from a blank page and play a key role in implementing the market strategy for the company.
· Work experience in a dynamic team environment.
· Increased employability.
· This is a 12 month placement with a possibility of converting to a permanent role upon completion of the placement.
Applications to our current graduate placements will be progressed through Talent Scotland.