Our Management Training Programme –
We are very proud of our Management Training Programme, consistently recruiting for ten years a small number of graduates into our scheme. We continually seek to review and enhance the programme as our business continues to evolve – the subsequent success of our graduate intake is a tribute to its quality.
Alliance Trust is most definitely a people business. As an investment company, employees, clients and shareholders are key to our success. We hope that our trainees enjoy what they do and, in doing so, make a positive contribution to the organisation.
Our Management Training Programme is a rotational programme, based from our headquarters in Dundee. It has been specifically designed to provide trainees with an overview and understanding of the whole business.
Over a two year fixed term period, trainees will experience rotations in four key areas;
- Investment – Global Equities, Fixed Income, SRI and Private Equity
- Asset Management – Client Management, Sales and Marketing
- Savings – Projects, Platform Operations
- Executive – Strategy, CSR, Governance
Throughout the programme trainees will gain valuable industry specific qualifications in addition to individual training which will be tailored to suit their skill set and previous experience.
Why the Alliance Trust Management Training Programme?
The rotational programme around the business is challenging and stimulating, developing a variety of skills and knowledge that would not be achievable in a single placement. This helps to create perspective and a deeper understanding of what drives our business.
With employees from a wide variety of backgrounds and diverse skill sets we encourage our Management Trainees to learn from the people they work with in any way they can. With a great social culture, this can be fun too!
Our business provides a unique experience for a graduate, from our boutique asset management arm, including our Sustainable and Responsible Investment funds, to our financial services subsidiary.
Although we have £2.4bn assets under management we are still a relatively tight knit firm in terms of the number of people we employ. This enables us to provide a high level of exposure to our graduates who will work directly with senior management and executives whilst involved in strategic projects across the business.
Training and Development
At Alliance Trust we believe in the development of our people and therefore offer our graduates room to grow. Many of our previous Management Trainees have studied towards their IMC and CFA qualifications and have been involved in our mentoring and leadership programmes.
Salary and benefits
- Competitive Basic Salary
- Discretionary Performance Cash Bonus
- Employee Self Invested Personal Pension
- Private Healthcare
- Share Ownership Plan
- Life Assurance
- SMART Benefits
What we are looking for
- consistently high academic achievement a recent 2:1 in any degree discipline.
- Applications from masters or PhD students are also welcome
- Personal qualities and experience outside of university life are as important as academic achievement
- Unfortunately we are unable to support applications from students who do not hold an indefinite leave to remain in the UK visa.