Location - Dunbartonshire
Salary - £16,000 - £18,000 p.a
Linda Macdonald Jewellery has a great opportunity for a German speaking graduate to research and develop domestic and international markets. This will focus on developing the use of digital marketing to increase turnover in the UK market, raise brand awareness in new markets and also research into marketing strategies for overseas. This is a 12 month placement with an opportunity to convert to a permanent role.
- The aim of the role is to:
- Deploy digital marketing activities for international expansion
- Understand appropriate market entry for Germany
- Improve and internationalise LMJ brand profile
- Service and improve existing account management methods
- Increase website traffic and sales
The role will be varied and will involve:
- Developing our domestic market whilst also conducting research into the German market, to help implement export plans.
- Research to develop and identify the best social media approach for international markets and finding influential bloggers and PR opportunities within the UK and overseas.
- Managing and maintaining our social media presence/marketing for both UK and international markets (including Facebook, Twitter and Pintrest).
- We may need a graduate with language skills to assist on trade fair stand and setting up meetings with potential clients. On a day to day basis, the graduate will also account manage customers, build/ maintain a segmented customer database (trade and retail) and undertake e-marketing activities.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent understanding of (and interest in) digital media/internet/e-commerce/social media including blogging, facebook, twitter etc
- German language skills
- Excellent and confident English communicator (written and spoken)
- Enthusiastic and self motivating
- Well presented
- Team worker
- Interest in product area/creative arts
- Any degree
- Any marketing, business or International marketing/business degree. Language degree also ideal.
This position will give the graduate experience in many aspects of a small/medium sized business and the opportunity to develop a key position within the company as it expands.
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course. You can find more information on our placement training pages.
Preferred Placement Start Date: November 2012
Duration: 1 Year with a view to permanent hire