Technology Moves is an IT services company established in 2003. Based in central London the company provides IT support, fit out and relocation services on behalf of a wide variety of clients predominantly based in the London area. The ongoing success of the company has led to further expansion, and a vacancy has arisen in the IT support division for a Junior IT support consultant.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a technically minded graduate with the enthusiasm and desire to develop a rewarding career within a consultative role. The successful candidate must be responsible and motivated with a strong work ethic. Meeting and understanding the company’s goals and objectives is a key priority. It must also be stressed that as this is a client facing role, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with clients is an essential component of this position, ensuring the highest level of customer service is provided at all times.
Respond to client requests within support agreement targets
- Provide 1st, 2nd and 3rd line desktop and server support
- Routine maintenance and proactive management of client networks
- Build rapport with all new and existing clients to develop positive working relationships
- Assist with ad-hoc project work such as relocations, installations and upgrades
- Assist with recommended service improvements to existing IT solutions
- Co-operation to promote the development of the support team and the success of the company a whole
- Call logging and regular feedback to support team manager
- Develop skill set and train to gain relevant recognised industry qualifications
- Graduate with minimum 2:2 degree (IT, Science, Maths or Business related)
- Experience of working on a helpdesk or in an IT support environment is an advantage although not essential
- Proficient in MS Windows XP and Vista
- Proficient in MS Office including Excel, Word, Outlook and Access
- Ability to plan, organise and adapt to changing job tasks within own role
- Open to respond to feedback and committed to self development
- Must have ‘hands on’ attitude; this is essential within the working environment of a small company
- Team worker
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Strong analytical, logical and troubleshooting skills
- Any knowledge or experience in technologies listed is an advantage
Server Software: MS Windows Server 2003 - MS Windows Small Business Server 2003 - MS Exchange 2003 - Active Directory - MS SQL 2000, 2005 – Sophos PureMessage – Postini – GFI Mail Essentials - Symantec Backup Exec - Blackberry Enterprise Server
Server Hardware: HP - Dell
Network hardware: Netgear – Cisco
Printers: HP – Canon – Xerox - Epson
Desktop Software: MS Windows XP / Vista - MS Office 2003 / 2007 - Adobe Acrobat and Creative Suite – Sophos Anti Virus – Internet Explorer – Firefox – Mac OS X
Desktop / laptop hardware: Dell – IBM – Sony - Apple
Telephony: Avaya IP Office
- This position offers a salary of 20k. Working hours are 8.30am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday, although you will be occasionally required to work outside these hours.
- Benefits include 24 days holiday, optional pension scheme, extensive training, structured career development and participation in company bonus scheme.
· Closing date for applications is Friday October 23rd 2009
· Interviews will be held on the week commencing 3rd November 2009