Location - Forth Valley
Salary - £18000 – £22000
Global Voices Ltd, a Stirling-based translation company, are looking for an IT graduate to manage the implementation of their online interpretation service. This 12 month project is an exciting opportunity to develop this innovative product and contribute to the company’s growth.
· To launch the new Video Conferencing Interpretation Service
· To maintain and develop the website and service offered to customers, e.g. app development etc
· Success will be measured by:
· VC Interpretation Service live within 1 month
· Continued positive customer feedback
· Continuous improvement to service
· Continuous development of functionality, e.g. reporting, invoicing etc.
This is an excellent career opportunity for an IT graduate to contribute meaningfully to an innovative product
Global Voices are launching a new Video Conferencing Interpretation online tool and the IT Manager will take overall responsibility for the implementation and management of this service, including ensuring that IT support if in place where needed
Key tasks will include:
· Managing the launch of the new service
· Analysing Lingo Connect site and ensuring the correct connectivity is in place
· Ensuring that the structure allows for bandwidth to be correctly allocated to maintain user experience (call does not drop)
· Continuous analysis of back-end functionality to improve and develop service, i.e. for uploading translations
· Developing new modules, e.g. reporting and instant invoicing
· Developing application that allows end users to access the service from different sources
· Maintaining the website
· Analysing and suggesting innovations for increased sales and potential new services or new customer groups
· Overall IT maintenance for office, including networking, servers etc.
Skills / Experience
· Thorough appreciation of Content layer technology: PHP, HTML
· Knowledge and/or experience of website design and content Knowledge and/or experience of WordPress would be beneficial but can be learnt on the job
· Knowledge and/or experience of Database programming and management
· Strong IT skills to help with general office IT maintenance
· Commercial awareness and Business skills
· Ability to work as part of a close knit team
· Ability to keep up to date with the latest developments in Social Media
· Strong self-motivation skills
· Knowledge and/or experience of Networking and server maintenance
· Some understanding /experience of SEO and PPC
· Some understanding/experience of Google Analytics / established tracking systems
· Degree in IT or similar
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course.
12 Months with possibility of extension or full-time employment at the end of placement
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.