Location - Grampian
Coates Offshore has a great opportunity for an IT graduate to join the team on a project basis to take ownership of a strategic IT initiative to help manage global footprint within the organisation. This is a 12 month placement.
The aim of the role is to support the consolidation of our global footprint through the delivery of autonomous operational bases, fully supported by a central IT infrastructure.
Key deliverables during this time will be to support with the following:
· Develop a cloud based solution (Sharepoint Online) to create a new company wide intranet.
· Support the migration of existing intranet content to the new online platform
· Work across key, internal functional areas to develop a consistent “branding” for the intranet and intuitive framework
· Supporting end users through provision of appropriate training and ongoing support
· Develop the approval workflows to increase automation of existing manual processes
Skills / Experience
· Experience with software development tools and environments (e.g. Visual Studio)
· Ability to communicate clearly
· Knowledge/Experience with configuring and implementing Sharepoint 2010, or website development
· Knowledge of software development methodologies
· Knowledge /Experience with SQL
· Experience with Microsoft Excel and Word
· Ability to understand user requirements and translate them into technical solutions
- IT Related Degree
- Due to the short, fixed term nature of this position, an allowance is incorporated into the annual salary to enable the employee to make a contribution into their personal pension arrangements.
- 20 Days Annual leave plus 8 statutory days
- As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and
- Business skills training course. You can find more information on our placement training pages.
Preferred Placement Start Date: November 2012
Duration: 12 months