What is exciting about this role?
This is a fantastic Graduate opportunity to join a large organization with sales in excess of £200m who specialize in electronic component distribution. Progression to field role within 6 months.
What do we do?
We specialize in the distribution of electronic components to the electronics industry. As part of an organization with over 60 franchises, our other services include technical design support, logistics services and sub contract assembly.
So where do you come in?
This is an excellent opportunity for a bright graduate to join our engineering team as an Internal applications engineer. This will involve resolving customers technical requirements and backing up the field applications and Sales engineers.
With an outgoing personality and an electronic academic background, you will be a committed team player looking to enhance and grow your talents. Promotion within the organization is actively encouraged.
· Provide customer base with telephone based technical support
· Giving customers and other members of staff technical data and assisting with product queries
· Liaison between customer and semiconductor manufacturer for all technical issues.
· Recommend suitable in-franchise solutions for new customer projects.
· Follow up sales leads and pass suitable opportunities onto relevant FAE
· Cross-refer obsolete / out of franchise products for sales and customers.
· Assist with marketing activities of the technical department
· Writing articles for the quarterly technical bulletin @Ease
· Maintain customer database.
· Visiting tier 2 accounts with FAE and Field Sales
· Manufacturer design review preparation
· To be aware of and comply with British standard quality regulations.
Who do we want?
We are looking for electronics or physics orientated graduate who will be a committed team player and take responsibility for actions. Must be able to demonstrate an enquiring mind and excellent communication skills and ambition to succeed in a high-pressure environment.
Ideally an understanding of semiconductors through academic study or work experience.
This role is very client focused – excellent communication skills are essential.