IMS Research is a leading provider of market research, business intelligence and consulting services, primarily to the electronics industry. Our services span a diverse range of sectors including: semiconductors, automotive, medical , power & energy, mechatronics and automation
Founded in the 1980s, IMS Research has established itself as an informed, objective and trusted source of market intelligence. Today we have 45 analysts spread across three locations: Austin/Texas, USA, Wellingborough, UK, and Shanghai, China,
We provide clients with comprehensive and detailed research on today’s global markets. Our customer list encompasses most of the household names in the electronics industry, including all top 10 semiconductor companies. Our customers include international blue chip companies such as
Hitachi, IBM, Intel, Motorola, Philips, Samsung, Siemens, Toshiba, Ericsson, GM, Sony, ST, Microelectronics and Texas Instruments
IMS Research provides a wide range of products and services including multi-client reports, on-line database services, custom research and consultancy. Our analysts are expert in a wide range of research techniques and customers interact with analysts directly rather than being channelled through sales personnel.
In the last three years IMS Research has increased its revenues by almost 150%, and further growth of 30% is anticipated in the current year. This tremendous growth record demonstrates our commitment to excellence and our dedication to exceeding our clients’ expectations.
We have an ambitious vision of the future. Further rapid expansion is planned in the next five years, and hence we are constantly looking to recruit new high calibre graduates. IMS Research offers a lively, informal and flexible working environment where new employees can quickly make an impact, working on live projects from day one. Fast track management opportunities exist for those with the required skills and motivation.
Our continued success, increasing customer base and the diversity of our research products mean that we are seeking to recruit Market Analysts in the following research areas. Each group produces reports, tracking services and consultancy in their area of expertise.
Power & Energy
Key markets researched include electronic components and systems such as: AC-DC and DC-DC switching and linear power supplies; power semiconductors, bipolar power transistors, thyristors, rectifiers, IPMs, PIMs, CIBs); renewable energy generation (e.g. wind turbines); alternative energy sources (e.g. hydrogen fuel cells); utility meters and automated meter reading systems
The Medical research division at IMS Research is called InMedica. The division publishes reports on professional point of care markets, such as medical imaging and patient monitors, as well as consumer medical device markets, such as blood pressure monitors, heart rate monitors and blood glucose meters. For more information www.in-medica.com
Automation & Mechatronics
Research areas include, automation software, embedded computer boards, HMI hardware, I/O modules, industrial PCs, linear actuators, linear motors, machine vision, motion control, motors, motor drives, networks, PLCs, process controllers, safety products, sensors and valve islands.
- As a Market Analyst at IMS Research you will be part of a small team of ‘industry experts’. Analysts work closely with customers at every stage of the project and build constructive partnerships to ensure that all their needs are met. The role involves
- Project management of market research reports with responsibility for the entire process, including identification of needs, planning, research, analysis, client presentations and sales/marketing.
- Business development, including design of marketing strategies and generation of sales opportunities.
- Provision of consultancy services to multinational clients around the world.
- The role will involve significant international travel and candidates must have a current passport and full driving license.
- Responsibility for the development of an “area of expertise” in a highly technical marketplace.
New recruits are initially trained alongside an experienced analyst, before taking responsibility for their own projects. In parallel to this, we run a training programme for new graduates based around a series of in-house courses run by a mix of external consultants and internal personnel. We take the development of our staff seriously and throughout your career at IMS we will provide opportunities for personal growth and development
A minimum 2:2 degree in mechanical/electrical/electronic engineering or a related science or engineering-based discipline, with a desire to apply your technical knowledge in a commercial environment.
· Or: A minimum 2:2 degree in a numerate, business or commercial-based discipline, with a good ability to grasp technical concepts.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent analytical skills.
· Strong problem solving skills
· Enthusiasm and determination and an ability to work efficiently with limited supervision.
What We Offer
A career at IMS will be both challenging and rewarding
· An opportunity to work with a leading market research company. You can instantly impact on our success, working on live projects from day one.
· Successful candidates are offered a competitive salary and benefits package including profit share.
· the opportunity to progress in a rapidly expanding and dynamic company
· comprehensive in-house training programme for all new recruits.
Candidates must be UK/EU National or hold a valid work permit
Please e-mail your CV and attach a covering letter within your CV with an explaination of your interest in Market Research and why you think you are suitable for the role