Location - Ayrshire
Salary - £14,000 Starting Salary with review after 6 months and potential to increase substantially
Prontoport Ltd, a fast growing and successful service contractor for the renewables and general power industry, have an excellent career opportunity for a graduate in a new role, to manage and develop human resourcing, welfare and training processes in order to support growth into new markets. This is a 12 month placement with view to permanent hire, based in Irvine.
· Project Management
· Asset Integration
· Development of operating systems
· Deployment of personnel both onshore and offshore
· Training development managed for all technicians
This is career opportunity in a HR role with a thorough grounding in commercial protocols and sector markets. The successful candidate will work in recruiting engineers and logistical management within the UK and overseas, staff performance and client targets meaning the job is both employee and customer facing.
The successful candidate will initially have responsibilities of a general administrative nature supporting the head of service, moving on to assisting the development of our recruitment, induction, Personal Protective Equipment distribution and overall resourcing deployment and logistics.
Working with a small, experienced team, he or she will be given extensive training on the new software package and then take charge of its implementation.
Long term, the role will develop into managing the HR function to support the company’s growth in its chosen markets by communicating with technicians, ensuring training is up-to-date and managing the procurement process, bid returns and contract pipeline management.
Key tasks will include
· Process of Recruitment and deployment of technicians both onshore and offshore
· Issue of PPE for onshore and offshore, ensuring all meeting certification
· Arranging training courses for technicians and all certifications remain valid
· Develop necessary skills to ensure all training, resourcing and deployment costs are within budget
· To become proficient in our bespoke software developed for resourcing
· Updating and communicating through social media
· Administrative related duties
· Additional tasks will be assigned by Management team
· Travel and career progression is a given after year one as is a personal and on-going training and development packages linked via achievement to remuneration.
Skills / Experience
· Enjoy working with people
· Strong ability to plan and prioritise work e.g working to tight deadlines
· Proven communicative skills e.g. an aptitude for positive inter personal communication and empathy for a disparate workforce
· Tact and diplomacy
· A flexible and robust approach to work
· Ability to work accurately with attention to detail
· Excellent team working skills
· Understanding of business processes and commercial awareness
· Strong analytical skills
· Knowledge and/or experience of welfare management
· Understanding or knowledge of process compliance
· Driver’s license
· Health & Safety awareness an advantage
· Energy generation awareness (this can be the political landscape as much as a practical overview of the UK status quo)
· Understanding of social media platforms
· Graduate from any relevant discipline e.g. Business, Engineering, HR
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course.
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.
12 months, with possibility of converting to a permanent role