Location - Highlands and Islands
Salary - £15,702 per annum
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a 12 month graduate placement to play a role in the new Scottish Government (SG) initiative, Community Broadband Scotland (CBS) to develop an innovative online one-stop-shop hub which will help rural communities develop their own community broadband projects.
Highlands and Islands Enterprise are recruiting for a graduate placement to play a role in the new Scottish Government initiative, Community Broadband Scotland (CBS), through shaping and implementing the transition from a basic web presence to an innovative online one-stop-shop hub which will help rural communities develop their own community broadband projects.
This will involve:
- Liaising with colleagues (HIE and SG) to agree the structure and functionality of the site
- Constantly evolving the site, maximising innovative and creative opportunities, to provide a ‘one-stop-shop’ service for Community Broadband Scotland
- Ensuring information provided is clear, informative and uses accessible (non-jargon) language
- Co-ordinating and uploading content, including writing new material and creating toolkit resources
- Engaging with community projects to capture and upload project fact-files, progress blogs, lessons learned etc
- Developing an online application process for the Seed Fund
- Tracking website and telephone helpline enquiries and adapting web content to reflect needs
- Responding to ‘ask an expert’ questions and telephone helpline questions
- Responding to and moderating interactive forums including Twitter/Facebook
- Evaluating the effectiveness of the hub including its toolkit resources
Please note this placement is funded directly by HIE as part of HIE’s graduate placement programme.
Skills / Experience
- Understanding of online technology
- Understanding and proficiency in social media usage
- Knowledge of marketing techniques
- Excellent writing skills – marketing materials, report writing
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Experience of collaborative working
- Highly organised, motivated and flexible
- Excellent ICT skills in word, excel, website editing
- Knowledge/experience of research, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of customer service
- Gaelic language skills (speaking, reading or writing)
- Degree or postgraduate degree in telecommunications, information technology, digital communication, marketing or other relevant disciplines.
The successful candidate will gain practical experience in project planning, product development, communication and marketing, partnership working, community development and social enterprise. This role will work closely with HIE’s Digital Highlands and Islands and Strengthening Communities teams.
This graduate placement is one of 7 graduate placements currently being recruited to within Highlands and Islands Enterprise. This is the second year that HIE has run a graduate placement programme and you can read more about the experiences of the first graduate cohort on the HIE website.
The graduate may access a 5 day residential course for graduates focussed on employability and business skills, offered through TalentScotland.
Tha spèis cho-ionnanachd aig HIE airson na Gàidhlig agus na Beurla. Tha sinn a’ cur fàilte air conaltradh sam bith anns a’ Ghàidhlig. Freagarraidh sinn conaltradh sa Ghàidhlig ceart cho luath ‘s a fhreagras sinn sa Bheurla.
HIE has equal respect for Gaelic and English. We welcome any communication in Gaelic. We will respond to Gaelic communication just as quickly as we respond in English.
Location: Any HIE office location in the Highlands and Islands
Preferred Start Date: 10th December 2012
Duration: 12 months