Location - Highlands and Islands, Inverness and surrounds
Salary - £15,702 per annum
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to assist with the development an offshore renewables supply chain programme. This 12 month placement is one of 3 graduate placements currently being recruited to which focus on the energy sector, the other posts being based in Shetland and Dingwall.
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to develop an offshore renewables supply chain programme. The programme would be designed with the intention of helping companies to diversify and expand into the fast growing renewables market.
This successful graduate will:
- Undertake an audit of existing programmes or activities that would be pertinent to this area of work (specifically offshore renewables) and inform where there are gaps in HIE’s offering.
- Work with the Energy team, and alongside graduates from within the Shetland and Inner Moray Firth Area Team; help identify new products or services which would complement existing activity, helping businesses across the Highlands and Islands prepare themselves for an involvement in the offshore renewable energy sector.
- Work with account managers throughout the HIE area to determine what is required from businesses to help them break in to and be successful in this industry.
- Undertake some work to identify the standards and accreditations required of the supply chain by project developers and their top tier contractors.
- Support the Energy team with developing a business case for such a programme and assisting with any associated procurement and tendering process.
Please note this placement is funded directly by HIE as part of HIE’s graduate placement programme.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent writing skills – report writing
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience of collaborative working
- Highly organised, motivated and flexible
- Excellent ICT skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, website editing
- Project management experience
- Knowledge/experience of research, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of customer service
- Knowledge of project and financial appraisal
- Gaelic language skills (speaking, reading or writing)
A degree or postgraduate degree in supply chain management, engineering, procurement, business and management or other relevant disciplines.
The successful candidate will gain an in-depth understanding of the Highlands and Islands energy supply chain, gain practical experience working with companies, develop an understanding of what is required to be successful in the energy industry and to learn about HIE’s account management process.
This graduate placement is one of 7 graduate placements currently being recruited to within Highlands and Islands Enterprise. This is the second year that HIE has run a graduate placement programme and you can read more about the experiences of the first graduate cohort on the HIE website.
The graduate may access a 5 day residential course for graduates focussed on employability and business skills, offered through TalentScotland.
Tha spèis cho-ionnanachd aig HIE airson na Gàidhlig agus na Beurla. Tha sinn a’ cur fàilte air conaltradh sam bith anns a’ Ghàidhlig. Freagarraidh sinn conaltradh sa Ghàidhlig ceart cho luath ‘s a fhreagras sinn sa Bheurla.
HIE has equal respect for Gaelic and English. We welcome any communication in Gaelic. We will respond to Gaelic communication just as quickly as we respond in English.
Location: Cowan House, Inverness
Preferred Start Date: 10th December 2012
Duration: 12 months