Location - Highlands and Islands, Moray
Salary - £15,702 per annum
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a 12 month graduate placement to focus on researching, developing and delivering a marketing plan to support the Life Science Enterprise Areas within the Inverness Campus (Inverness) and the Enterprise Park (Forres).
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to focus on researching, developing and delivering a marketing plan and associated materials to support the Life Science Enterprise Areas of the Inverness Campus (Inverness) and the Enterprise Park (Forres).
This placement will involve:
- Reviewing existing marketing plans and materials
- Developing joint marketing plans for the Enterprise Park Forres and Inverness Campus Life Science Enterprise Areas
- Develop and create appropriate supporting marketing materials
- Identify appropriate events & promotional opportunities and communicate with target audiences
- Populate the Source (Scottish Development International (SDI) Intranet) with relevant material & ensure SDI colleagues are well informed
- Link to other inward investment activities and materials
Please note this placement is funded directly by HIE as part of HIE’s graduate placement programme.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent research skills
- Understanding of various marketing techniques and different routes to market
- Understanding and proficiency in social media usage
- Excellent writing skills – marketing materials, report writing
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Experience of collaborative working
- Highly organised, motivated and flexible
- Excellent ICT skills in word, excel, website editing, graphic design and digital media
- Knowledge/experience of research, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of customer service
- Gaelic language skills (speaking, reading or writing)
- Degree or postgraduate degree in marketing, business studies or other relevant disciplines.
The successful candidate will gain practical experience in researching, developing and delivering a marketing plan. This placement will involve close working with HIE’s Inward Investment, Inverness Campus and Moray Area teams.
This graduate placement is one of 7 graduate placements currently being recruited to within Highlands and Islands Enterprise. This is the second year that HIE has run a graduate placement programme and you can read more about the experiences of the first graduate cohort on the HIE website.
The graduate may access a 5 day residential course for graduates focussed on employability and business skills, offered through TalentScotland.
Tha spèis cho-ionnanachd aig HIE airson na Gàidhlig agus na Beurla. Tha sinn a’ cur fàilte air conaltradh sam bith anns a’ Ghàidhlig. Freagarraidh sinn conaltradh sa Ghàidhlig ceart cho luath ‘s a fhreagras sinn sa Bheurla.
HIE has equal respect for Gaelic and English. We welcome any communication in Gaelic. We will respond to Gaelic communication just as quickly as we respond in English.
Location: Forres, Moray
Preferred Start Date: 10th December 2012
Duration: 12 months