Location - Highlands and Islands, Inverness and surrounds
Salary - £15,702 per annum
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to support the development of key energy infrastructure and business development activities in the Inner Moray Firth area. This will focus around energy enabling projects emerging in the Moray Firth and Cromarty Firth, specifically at Nigg, Ardersier and Invergordon. This 12 month placement is one of 3 graduate placements currently being recruited to which focus on the energy sector, the other posts being based in Shetland and Inverness.
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to support the development of key energy infrastructure and business development activities in the Inner Moray Firth area. This will focus around energy enabling projects emerging in the Moray Firth and Cromarty Firth, specifically at Nigg, Ardersier and Invergordon.
This will involve:
- A scoping study of user requirements for both Nigg & Ardersier.
- Specific scoping of the oil & gas sectors requirements for land-side facilities, the fit with the Inner Moray Firth and wider ports, and to identify gaps and strengths.
- Supporting the development of key selling messages for the area into the wider energy market.
- Identification of supply chain development opportunities.
- Project management support specifically; co-ordination of key stakeholders, briefing notes & updates, ownership and update of key documentation e.g Project Initiation Document (PID), Risk Register, Changes Log etc and meeting facilitation.
Please note this placement is funded directly by HIE as part of HIE’s graduate placement programme.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent writing skills – report writing
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience of collaborative working
- Highly organised, motivated and flexible
- Excellent ICT skills in word, excel, website editing
- Project management experience
- Knowledge/experience of research, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of customer service
- Knowledge of project and financial appraisal
- Gaelic language skills (speaking, reading or writing)
- Degree or postgraduate degree in energy, economics or other relevant disciplines.
The successful candidate will gain experience of working with the public sector environment, develop practical experience in project management and engage with key companies in the energy sector.
This graduate placement is one of 7 graduate placements currently being recruited to within Highlands and Islands Enterprise. This is the second year that HIE has run a graduate placement programme and you can read more about the experiences of the first graduate cohort on the HIE website.
The graduate may access a 5 day residential course for graduates focused on employability and business skills, offered through TalentScotland.
Tha spèis cho-ionnanachd aig HIE airson na Gàidhlig agus na Beurla. Tha sinn a’ cur fàilte air conaltradh sam bith anns a’ Ghàidhlig. Freagarraidh sinn conaltradh sa Ghàidhlig ceart cho luath ‘s a fhreagras sinn sa Bheurla.
HIE has equal respect for Gaelic and English. We welcome any communication in Gaelic. We will respond to Gaelic communication just as quickly as we respond in English.
Location: Dingwall or Inverness
Preferred Start Date: 10th December 2012
Duration: 12 months