Location - Highlands and Islands
Salary - £15,702 per annum
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to promote the business services sector in the Highlands and Islands. This 12 month placement will help showcasing the region as a cost effective location for business process outsourcers, including promoting home working as a positive employment option.
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to promote the business services sector in the Highlands and Islands, through showcasing the region as a cost effective onshore location for business process outsourcers, by demonstrating the value of this sector and its career opportunities and promoting home working as a positive employment option.
This will involve:
- Working with HIE’s Inward Investment team, Scottish Development International (SDI) and HIE account managers and their clients to develop materials to promote the sector and region externally
- Linking with HIE’s STEM team to involve contact centre sites in a Bridge to Employment model to improve the profile of the sector and communicate career opportunities within the sector.
- Developing a media campaign to promote the use of the Business Skills Register including identifying appropriate channels to link potential homeworkers with remote employment opportunities.
- Producing regular newsletters promoting sector news and opportunities
- Setting up a forum for external clients and account managers to network and share information
Please note this placement is funded directly by HIE as part of HIE’s graduate placement programme.
Skills / Experience
- Understanding of online technology
- Understanding and proficiency in social media usage
- Knowledge of marketing techniques
- Excellent writing skills – marketing materials, report writing
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Experience of collaborative working
- Highly organised, motivated and flexible
- Excellent ICT skills in word, excel, website editing
- Knowledge/experience of research, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of customer service
- Gaelic language skills (speaking, reading or writing)
Degree or postgraduate degree in communication, marketing, media, digital communication, website development and maintenance or other relevant disciplines.
Opportunities for the graduate to gain practical experience in developing a media campaign, including social media, and to develop project management, time management and communication skills. The successful candidate will network widely with HIE teams across the region and external partners.
This graduate placement is one of 7 graduate placements currently being recruited to within Highlands and Islands Enterprise. This is the second year that HIE has run a graduate placement programme and you can read more about the experiences of the first graduate cohort on the HIE website.
The graduate may access a 5 day residential course for graduates focussed on employability and business skills, offered through TalentScotland.
Tha spèis cho-ionnanachd aig HIE airson na Gàidhlig agus na Beurla. Tha sinn a’ cur fàilte air conaltradh sam bith anns a’ Ghàidhlig. Freagarraidh sinn conaltradh sa Ghàidhlig ceart cho luath ‘s a fhreagras sinn sa Bheurla.
HIE has equal respect for Gaelic and English. We welcome any communication in Gaelic. We will respond to Gaelic communication just as quickly as we respond in English.
Location: Any HIE office location in the Highlands and Islands
Preferred Start Date: 10th December 2012
Duration: 12 months