Graduate Transport Engineer
NOTICE: This job has now expired and will not be accepting any more
Main purpose of the job
Provide engineering expertise to maintain and improve the safe, accessible and efficient use of the highway and to regulate the highway aspects of development within the Borough.
We are looking for a dynamic and creative fresh graduate to join our transport engineering team. You will provide engineering expertise to maintain and improve the safe, accessible and efficient use of the highway and to regulate the highway aspects of development within the Borough.
Some or all of the items below, as required:
- Prepare feasibility studies for highway and traffic management schemes for approval; also, manage Consultants appointed to carry out such work.
- Inspect planning applications, comment on highway aspects; advise the Council's Planning Department and professional architects/civil engineers, on highway implications.
- Develop schemes to detailed design including the use of computer aided design, undertaking accident analyses, consultations, risk assessments, safety audits, estimates and developing programmes; obtaining authorisations and approvals.
- Work with legal representatives within the Council, and outside highway consultants, in relation to the preparation and administration of Highway and Planning Agreements. Deal with Local Land Search Enquiries in respect of highway matters.
- Instruct and supervise contractors constructing highway and traffic schemes. Undertake contract management, and arrange for contractors to be paid and certified in accordance with the conditions of contract.
- Deal with other matters relating to highways, e.g. enquiries from the public, police, councillors, professionals and interest groups
- Prepare reports from time to time relating to all traffic and development control matters, on behalf of the Operational Area and the Portfolio Holder for Transport, for presentation to Executive.
- Assist the team leaders within Transport Policy as and when required.
You will have the option of sharing time between the office and on site duties. You will be liaising with the public, dealing with clients, writing reports and dealing with issues relating to the Police, councillors, professionals and interest groups.
To apply, please email Vikki Robinson for an application form.
Any Location, East England, UK locations
Vikki Robinson 01473 432 912