As a graduate in the Operations & Engineering team of our storage facilities, you will work across different departments, gaining a broad understanding of the business while being involved in a number of specific projects focused on improving efficiency. From tank corrosion to energy utilisation, to looking at costings and contracts, this scheme will give you an in-depth knowledge of the workings of the storage business.
As a graduate, you will:
• Work across Operations, Engineering and Sales & Marketing departments
• Learn how the storage market operates.
• Work internationally, representing Tate & Lyle to our customers
• Get on-going training in technical and management skills.
Please note that graduate trainees on this programme will be based in the Liverpool/Merseyside area.
We are also looking for a Graduate to experience and contribute to the working departments within the Operations function at our Thames Refinery in order to gain a wide experience of the various activities prior to taking a first full time position as a Process Engineer, normally in a Process Area or on a Project team.
During the first year with the company you will spend a month working shifts with the Crew who run the refinery on a continuous basis. The aim of this period is to teach you about the Sugar Refining process, about the Refinery itself and about how it is operated and maintained after hours. You will learn the basics of the different types of equipment, their functions and criticality to the production process.
During the 2 year training period you will be trained in our Permit to Work systems, Risk Assessment system, Incident Investigation system, and in other safe systems of work. You will also undertake the Dupont STOP training, and the Institute of Safety and Health “Managing Safely” training course.
To apply for this scheme you will need to meet the following criteria -
* Educated to degree standard with relevant degree pass in Chemical and Process Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or other relevant discipline or equivalent.
* Good blend of leadership and team working skills potential.
* Proven attention to detail and level of accuracy.
* Previous experience in Manufacturing or Production preferable (but not essential)·
* Clear understanding of SHHEQ issues.·
* Self motivated with a desire for personal and plant development. ·
* Good computer skills and understanding of control systems.·
* Ability to interpret and evaluate data leading to decision making.·
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).