Field Packaging, produces an unrivalled range of cartons and composite containers that globally support customer-branding strategies. This division specialises in providing printed packaging for the confectionery, cosmetics and alcoholic drinks sectors, serving customers competing in the most discriminating markets worldwide
To provide accurate and timely capacity planning in a supply chain environment by scheduling production to maximise utilisation of capacity whilst achieving customer requirements. Ensure effective planning of production between two sites in Bradford and Scotland.
Special Products specialises in the manufacture of composite container packaging for the food, drinks and confectionery markets. Annual turnover is currently £13m.
Special Products operates to ISO 9001 standards and annually converts over 600 different designs from as few as 3 to as many as 20 different components.
The main purpose of the role is to provide accurate and timely capacity planning in a supply chain environment, by scheduling production and componentry to maximise utilisation of capacity whilst achieving customer requirements.
This role will lead to a production management role for the right candidate - we are actually recruiting to replace a graduate that we have already promoted.
- Provide capacity planning using electronic planning boards.
- Manage the forward forecast for capacity
- Design and implement new systems and procedures.
- Ensure delivery targets are met by producing schedules which ensure effective utilisation of capacity.
- Co-ordinate material to meet the plan but maintaining low levels of stock.
- Involvement in supplier management.
- Achieve a balance between customer requirements and production utilisation.
- Act as the first line of contact between selected customers to manage their day-to-day requirements.
- Project work as required.
- Degree in an applied science/mathematics/logistics/ manufacturing/production engineering discipline
- Numerate with good computer skills
- Confident communication skills
- Evidence of an interest in manufacturing
To apply click APPLY NOW
PLEASE NOTE YOUR APPLICATION WILL NOT BE PROCESSED UNLESS YOU HAVE A VALID WORK PERMIT, A STUDENT VISA WILL NOT SUFFICE