Location - Glasgow
Salary - £16,000 -£18,000 dependent on qualifications
Barr + Wray Ltd are looking for a graduate to provide technical support within their Water Solutions & Process Equipment Divisions, based in Glasgow. This is an excellent opportunity to work within a variety of industries, including with multinational companies, whilst developing knowledge of the treatment systems required for their water & process fluids, meeting todays strict environmental requirements. The role will involve preparation of documents, O&M manuals and cost estimates as well as project management and site installations.
· The role should enable the Graduate to develop their understanding of water and waste water treatment systems
· Successful execution of projects and any trials they carry out
· Outcome – if successful there may be a full time position available at the end of the 12 month placement
The position is within the Water Solutions department, which is responsible for the design, install and commissioning of water and waste treatment systems to industry and water authorities throughout the UK
Responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following duties
· Preparation of tender documents & quotations
· Preparation of cost estimates using Excel
· Learning how to project manage projects ranging from £10k to £500k, including equipment procurement, preparation of method statements, risk assessments and co-ordination of labour & equipment requirements for the project
· Preparation of O&M manuals & technical submissions
· Site visits & assistance with pilot studies
· Involvement in site installations & commissioning
· There may also be an opportunity for moving into a technical sales role within the department
Skills / Experience
· Strong Science and or Chemical knowledge
· Strong IT skills, e.g. Word, Excel
· Ability to work unsupervised where required
· Self motivated
· CAD /Solidworks
· Site work experience
· Has Driving License
This role is suited to a graduate who has a degree in either a mechanical, chemical, or environmental engineering subject, or is a graduate Scientist or chemist
Environmental Engineer with knowledge of water treatment
An opportunity to work within a variety of industries, including with multinational companies, whilst developing knowledge of the treatment systems required for their water and process fluids, meeting today’s strict environmental requirements.
As part of the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course.
Duration - 12 months
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.