Location - Edinburgh and Lothian
Salary - 22-24k
We're looking for a graduate software engineer. The focus for this role is on developing web services and applications using ASP.Net (C#), but there are opportunities to work with a variety of different projects and technologies.
We’re looking for a recent graduate to work as a software engineer in our technical team, an evolving agile / lean environment. We’d like you to start as soon as possible.
The focus for this role is on developing web services and applications using ASP.Net (C#), but there are opportunities to work with a variety of different projects and technologies, for example:
- developing and enhancing our core products in C# and Java
- extending our advanced testing framework
- working with and supporting clients
- developing our data build platform
As we are a small team you can expect to work on a wide variety of tasks within the full software development lifecycle.
You need to be eligible to work in the UK (i.e. already have a valid work permit etc.).
You should be prepared to travel to Edinburgh for a face-to-face interview.
Skills / Experience
- You should enjoy learning and developing new skills in a commercially focussed environment.
- You should enjoy finding solutions to technical and practical problems while remaining aware of the broader impact of your solution.
- You should have good communication skills and be able to work with other members of the technical team, and the business as a whole.
Technically, you should:
- be proficient in object-oriented programming in C# and ASP.Net.
- have experience / understanding of developing web-based applications on a typical web stack
- have experience / understanding of working with data and databases
- Good degree in computing or a subject with a significant element of computing.
- Healthcare benefits
- Pension benefits
- Childcare benefits
- Good working environment
All applications will be processed through the Talent Scotland Graduate Placement programme. Please direct all initial questions or enquiries to the Talent Scotland team.