Our client is an established supplier of rice, flour and noodles both to retail supermarkets and the ethnic trade, making a significant investment in developing new innovative products. Due to organic and acquisitional growth a new role has been created to support the Commodities director in all aspects of controlling the largest proportion of spend in the company – having a real impact on the bottom line of the whole business.
As a purchasing co-ordinator you will be responsible for key information to make effective purchasing decisions, working with others in the team and across the business. You will need strong administrative and analytical skills as well as being able to work under your own initiative, dealing with problems and opportunities created in bring large quantities of raw materials in from local and overseas suppliers.
1. Market Information – sourcing information on diverse International commodity markets (oils, rice’s, currency), recording, analysing and making recommendations
2. Position Management – Gathering and maintaining weekly raw material stock and contract figures and collating to ensure strong purchasing figures.
3. Reporting of discrepancies – eg. Re-ordering triggers, shortfalls
4. Liasing with Logistics Co-ordinators, Demand Planners, Technical Managers, and Suppliers in the UK and Worldwide.
5. Create appropriate Market Information Reports
6. Co-ordinate and Manage third party inspection of goods in source countries, team administration and communication
7. Analysis of Import and Customs data and changing EU policy in order to make the most effective business decisions
The right candidate will be able to demonstrate their interest in the product markets and will have the potential to develop their career and qualifications within this area.