We are an international organisation which designs and produces top quality office products to global companies like Google and Nokia. As part of our continuing growth, we are now seeking an ambitious Product Design Graduate to join our R&D team in the South West.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with world class designers and engineers, taking product designs from concept to reality, using your technical expertise.
As a graduate trainee, your first year will involve learning all the hands-on technical skills to make you an expert in your field. This includes working with project teams, shadowing designers and engineers both in the UK and occasionally abroad.
Ultimately, your role will be turning a designer's idea into a working product. This includes sourcing raw materials (plastics, metals) and components and testing prototypes. From your research, you will create blue prints and key design drawings, ready to be sent across the world to our manufacturing sites.
Candidates applying for this role must hold a Product Design Engineering degree or similar. You must also have practical experience of product design, producing prototypes and an understanding of the processes involved in launching a product.
Candidates must also hold a Full European driving licence as travel to other sites will occasionally be required.
· Pension - up to 8% employer contribution
· 6.6 weeks paid holiday
· Personal Health Insurance (covers illness, injury. incapacity for up to 5 years equal to 50% of basic salary)
· Life Assurance Scheme (pays out 3 time the previous 12 months' PAYE earnings on employee's death)
· Sickness benefit (100% 6 weeks, 66.6% 7 weeks, 50% 6 weeks)
· Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) Confidential counselling, legal/financial/debt, health (weight, stress, smoking)
· Annual bonus (economic value added scheme)
· Family friendly benefits (Enhanced maternity and paternity leave, child care voucher scheme)
If you feel you have the relevant experience and a desire to work with a world leading business, please apply immediately.
All applications will be assessed by Discovery Graduates. We believe that every graduate is capable of getting a good graduate job given the right support, advice and training and we only work with companies who recognise the value that the right graduate can bring to their business.