With 180 years of experience Symington's has enjoyed a rich history of success providing great tasting dried food to meet the needs of families everywhere.
That tradition continues in Symington's today with the company evolving into a modern business with a passion for creating great tasting food that is quick and easy to prepare.
Symington’s has an impressive range of products including well known brands such as Aunt Bessies, Campbell's and Ainsley Harriott’s extensive range of products such as cup soups, rice, risottos, amazing grains, sauce mixes and flavoured Cous Cous.
Symington’s will also put the successful candidate through the CIPS qualification, as well as further professional development and leadership training.
The role will also include responsibilities such as:
- Leading the development and implementation of nominated ingredients
- Challenging the status quo with a view to optimising the supply base to support Symington’s aggressive growth and innovation agenda
- Obtaining samples from suppliers in response to sales/marketing innovation briefs
- Developing a prospective supplier database.
What you need to demonstrate
Symington’s will also put the successful candidate through the CIPS qualification, as well as further professional development and leadership training
- Enthusiasm, drive and excellent communication skills
- Confident and proactive approach to work with a willingness to learn
- Professional approach to work and flexible attitude
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail
- Confident and positive approach to challenging situations
- Must hold a Degree 2:1 or above
- Ideally 12 - 18 months experience in a buying/procurement environment
- Ideally candidates will have experience of negotiating with external suppliers and communicating to internal customers
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office particularly Excel, Powerpoint and Word
- Able to work varied hours from time to time when deadlines are tight or customer demands need to be met
Discovery Graduates is the retained Management Consultancy
All applications will be assessed by Discovery Graduates. We believe that every graduate is capable of getting a good graduate job given the right support, advice and training and we only work with companies who recognise the value that the right graduate can bring to their business.