Location - Highlands and Islands, Shetland
Salary - £15,702 per annum
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to focus on developing Shetland’s energy supply chain. This 12 month placement is linked to 2 other graduate placements currently being recruited to within HIE focussing on the energy sector, one based in Inverness and the other in Dingwall.
Highlands and Islands Enterprise (HIE) are recruiting for a graduate placement to focus on developing Shetland’s energy supply chain. With significant opportunities for the supply chain to grow and create high quality jobs through future oil and gas investment in the North Sea, oil and gas decommissioning activity and renewable energy projects on and offshore, this project will identify the constraints in the supply chain and what projects or support HIE may have to develop to underpin company growth. This placement will work closely with HIE’s energy team, HIE’s product development team and Energy North.
This will involve:
- Working closely with account managed supply chain companies to assess barriers to growth in the energy supply chain.
- Working with a range of stakeholders locally and regionally to identify issues in the energy supply chain sector in Shetland.
- Providing advice and support to the Head of Business Growth in relation to developing objectives, strategies and plans to strengthen businesses in the Shetland area, particularly in the energy sector.
- Working with a range of stakeholders locally and regionally to develop solutions to support the development of the energy supply chain in Shetland.
- Preparing consultant/supplier briefs, assessing tenders, commissioning and managing external contracts/clients in support of project objectives.
- Processing relevant applications for financial assistance from businesses and individuals, ensuring the highest standards of project appraisal and compliance in support of project objectives.
- Becoming proficient at using HIE client management system (HMS), updating the system and producing reports and analysis as required in support of the project.
Please note this placement is funded directly by HIE as part of HIE’s graduate placement programme.
Skills / Experience
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent writing skills – report writing
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Ability to problem solve
- Experience of collaborative working
- Highly organised, motivated and flexible
- Excellent ICT skills in word, excel, website editing
- Project management experience
- Knowledge/experience of research, monitoring and evaluation
- Experience of customer service
- Knowledge of project and financial appraisal
- Degree or postgraduate degree in business studies, economics, marketing or other relevant disciplines.
The successful candidate will gain practical experience in project management, project and financial appraisal, and a range of other skills such as problem solving, interpersonal/communication and report writing skills.
This graduate placement is one of 7 graduate placements currently being recruited to within Highlands and Islands Enterprise. This is the second year that HIE has run a graduate placement programme and you can read more about the experiences of the first graduate cohort on the HIE website.
The graduate may access a 5 day residential course for graduates focussed on employability and business skills, offered through TalentScotland.
Location: Lerwick, Shetland
Preferred Start Date: 10th December 2012
Duration: 12 months