Could you engineer a world-class project?
This is what we at Firstco have been doing since we formed 10 years ago, working on such high-profile projects as the Heathrow Express extension into the new Terminal 5, the Channel Tunnel Rail Link at St Pancras, and the new terminal at Dubai International Airport.
Our teams are respected for their motivation and skills – a mixture of generalist and specialist – for the design, integration and delivery of control and monitoring systems within the transport and construction industries. We are typically expected to deliver an Integrated Control System, bringing subsystems such as CCTV, access control, public address, radio and telephone all into a single user interface.
For these reasons, we have an outstanding record for recruiting the most motivated, skilled and ambitious engineering graduates, and helping them develop their experience on these world-class projects.
As a graduate on a Firstco team, you would typically be delivering designs and/or support for all non-operational rail systems on a high-profile rail or construction project. Along the way, we will give you the support you need to achieve Chartered Engineer status.
Of all the projects you help to design, your own future will be chief among them. Whether you wish to steer yourself towards our specialist teams in a particular technology, system or software, or whether you would prefer to generalise – the choice is yours. We will provide support for your decision through hands-on guidance, and formalised training where necessary.
You will also receive:
- a salary starting from £22,000pa
- contributory pension scheme
- share and bonus schemes after qualifying periods
Most of all, we want you to be committed to developing your career prospects as an engineer for at least four years, working at our location in London or at client sites.
No specific experience is necessary, but you should be able to demonstrate a desire to learn and develop. Your degree will be in a relevant subject, eg:
- electronic, systems or electrical engineering
- other engineering disciplines considered
You must also:
- have the confidence to work with clients
- possess good verbal and written communication skills
- be eager and hands-on
- be prepared to work the occasional night shift
- live within a reasonable travelling distance of the work site
- be able to take initiative and work as part of more than one project team
- be IT literate (at least, familiarity with Microsoft Office products)
Ensure your most recently updated CV is uploaded with Gradplus.com, and prepare a covering letter which should:
- demonstrate your desire to learn and develop; and
- describe how you meet the above profile.
Then click Apply Now to send your CV and covering letter to us before the closing date of 24th July.