The position is an excellent entry point into both B2B and software sales. It will be ideal for anyone looking to grow quickly into a new sales role in a small and supportive team in a business that is young and growing fast. The successful candidate will take on significant responsibility early on for activities, making a highly visible contribution to the overall success of the company.
Working from our riverside Hammersmith office, the successful candidate will become an integral part of our Sales Team, initially working closely to support a senior team member. The Junior Business Development Manager will be given principal responsibility early on for a) outbound lead chasing, b) appointment setting, c) meeting follow- up, d) mail- outs, e) fulfilment of information requests, f) staffing our exhibition booth at trade fairs, and g) representing the company at certain conferences and meetings.
The successful candidate must:
- Be positive, enthusiastic, confident and outgoing
- Have initiative but be a good team player
- Possess effective listening and problem solving skills, and be able to meet tough deadlines
- Have strong computer skills (mainly use of Word, Excel), and be familiar with the Internet
- Be able to speak and write clearly, accurately and persuasively in English
- Have a good “telephone manner”
Training will be on the job. After 18- 24 months in this role and depending on the strength of the candidates, there may be several opportunities for career progression- e.g into more senior roles within front- line customer support, and customer training- with the potential eventually for move into sales, marketing or product development.
We are looking for a candidate seeking an entry into B2B software sales, with a good track record of achievement, and good references.