Graduate Assistant Accountant
NOTICE: This job has now expired and will not be accepting any more
Graduate Assistant AccountantThis role provides an excellent opportunity for the right candidate to qualify in CIMA or ACCA, whilst gaining invaluable hands-on business experience. This role involves providing accounts support to the Finance Director and Financial Controller.
Active involvement in all areas of the finance department will enable you to gain practical experience and develop an understanding of the finance function within the business. Ultimately this role is designed to progress the successful candidate into a fully qualified Management Accountant position.
Specific duties and responsibilities of the role
- Processing of Accounting Transactions
- Expenses analysis
- Managing the Fixed Asset Register
- Monthly Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Inter-Company Reconciliations
- Review of processes and procedures to improve internal control
- Assist in automation of Accounting processes
- Support the budgeting and forecasting process
- Ultimately assist in the preparation of accurate and timely financial and management reporting and provide relevant analysis and support in understanding where appropriate
- Ad-hoc duties as commensurate with the nature of the role.
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Behaviours
- Demonstrate strong numeric, written and oral presentation skills
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Analytical / Problem Solving
- Graduate of Finance, Accounting, Business or similar
- Interest in studying for CIMA or ACCA qualification
Click 'apply now' to apply.
Discovery Graduates is the retained Management Consultancy
All applications will be assessed by Discovery Graduates. We believe that every graduate is capable of getting a good graduate job given the right support, advice and training and we only work with companies who recognise the value that the right graduate can bring to their business.
North West England