Location - Edinburgh and Lothian
Salary - £14,000 p.a
Flavours of Italy Ltd has a great opportunity for a graduate to work as part of a team to research key international markets and assist with online marketing to international audiences for this outbound Italian tour operator. This is a 12 month placement with a possibility of converting to a permanent role.
The project will be deemed successful where the graduate can demonstrate an active contribution to increased international sales.
Identification of key areas of focus for international audiences through solid market research, increased international followers/fans on social media channels, engagement with target international bloggers.
Support the Director in all aspects of international market research and online marketing, as required.
Undertake online research:
- Investigate the potential of the 5 key target countries and global English-speaking ‘expat’
- Gather information to inform decisions to proactive marketing strategy for these countries
Produce weekly reports with research information collated:
- Analysis and compilation of results / findings on weekly basis
- Key points to be summarised
- Add appropriate contacts to segmented database (and update/maintain)
- Use Survey Monkey for primary research with past clients / past enquirers
- Undertake ‘mystery shopping’ of key competitors or complementary offers
Application of research findings and implementation of social media activity:
- Track impact of any activity undertaken
- Monitoring and analysis of international website stats
Skills / Experience
- Good understanding of Digital marketing, SEO, social media / blogging etc
- Interest in travel sector
- Knowledge of Excel / CRM systems
- Interest in cooking / painting / pilates an advantage
- Market knowledge of the US, Canada or Australia, New Zealand and South Africa
- Marketing, business or international business/marketing degree
- Public Relations would be an advantage
Staff regularly attend courses in areas such as social media and SEO.
As part of the TalentScotland Graduate Placement Programme, the candidate will benefit from support from the TSGPP team and will have access to a residential Leadership and Business skills training course. You can find more information on our placement training pages.
Preferred Placement Start Date: December 2012
Duration: 12 months, with a view to permanent hire