External/Internal Communications Industrial Placement – Hertfordshire
In the Market for a successful, exciting career with an up and coming company?
SELEX GALILEO offers exciting 12 month placement opportunities across technical and non-technical functions. There are a range of placements, for those studying towards a Business related or Humanities degree.
SELEX GALILEO relies on having the very best employees to maintain its competitive edge and has some of the industry’s most sophisticated technology at its fingertips. By gaining Industrial experience with SELEX GALILEO you will not only be working at the cutting-edge of technology, you will also be enhancing your skills, business acumen and future prospects.
Supporting the delivery of an integrated mix of communications, including internal, marketing, media and institutional to help to position the Business as a leading organisation with key audiences.
Working in the external relations team you will focus on using a range of communication tactics to engage stakeholders and to build understanding about our business. This role will enable you to gain experience with a wide range of internal and external tools, such as the Intranet, events, employee newsletters and exhibitions.
You will be part of a team that provides support to all areas of the business which will give you an opportunity to develop awareness and understanding of the culture and organisation of a large business. You will be a team player, confident in dealing with people at all levels across the business, have an eye for detail and be able to manage your workload effectively.
Industrial Placement Profile - Laura Capuano, External Relations Industrial Placement 2008/9
“Working for SELEX Galileo was my first chance to gain experience in a large company. It has been a great opportunity for me in terms of personal growth and development. It has provided an opportunity to interact and get to know different areas of the Business which enables a clearer understanding of the relevance of university course material.
SELEX Galileo is an international organisation that allows you to experience different cultures and ways of working. The international environment encourages you to be flexible and to have an open mind to problem solving. For this reason some of the most important characteristics required for this role are adaptability, determination, curiosity and initiative.
During the placement I had the chance to experience different tools, aspects and approaches to communications: from internal to promotions and marketing communications, from the organisation of internal events to liaising with external partners and organisations.”
- Competitive salary and valuable experience working with ambitious leaders in their field amongst customers, programmes and operations across the world.
- Training and development will be managed through on-the-job training with a variety of challenging and exciting projects and programmes
- Working in the same environment as the current apprentices and graduates to ensure the time you spend with us is fun and supported by an active social life.
- Regular Industrial Placement Forums are held to monitor your experiences and ensure you are reaping the benefits of the placement.
- The opportunity to establish contacts across the industry and to demonstrate your value to the Company, Performing at a high level can be rewarded with sponsorship at University and a conditional job offer for our Graduate Development Framework (GDF), enabling you to concentrate on your studies before returning to SELEX GALILEO and continuing your career.
Apply Now and complete your application on our website.